FACE THE MUSIC

"Stop it!" Diane giggled at him as they both walked down the street. John kept kissing her neck, obviously to get a rise out of her. Diane kept pushing him away, considering there were people around them probably confused. After awhile John finally stopped and locked an arm around her shoulders.

"Mr. Taylor, Mr. Taylor. C-can you sign this f-for me, please?" A girl about 16 or 17 came up to him. She looked rather nervous. Her hand was shaking for that matter and her eyes were widened with shock almost. John looked to Diane with an "oh my god" look and quickly grabbed the pen from her.

"You want....me to sign it?" John asked for clarification. The girl nodded with a big grin on her face. It made Diane cross her arms with shock. John was really becoming someone well known, wasn't he? Even John barely believed someone wanted his autograph. His autograph! John thought he'd never see the day someone wanted him to sign his own name.

"Yes! I bought your record at the store and I can't stop listening to it! And- and I saw your video on MTV...." The girl explained. Diane couldn't believe it, maybe John was gonna be someone after all.....John happily signed his name and gave the pen back to her. The girl was so happy words couldn't even explain. John was so shocked himself, even the girl was a bit confused from his unfamiliarity with this.

"T-thank you!" The girl exclaimed loudly. Diane raised her eyebrows at John once the girl walked away. His heart was filled with joy for him. John felt so successful and happy with himself.

"Did you see that? Someone wanted my autograph, Di." He said with such excitement, it looked as if he was gonna jump up and down. Diane nodded with disbelief still spread across her face. John trapped her in a hug in the heat of the moment and held her there for awhile. But soon freaked himself out and let her go.

"Well, looks like your the next John Lennon....Mr. Taylor." Diane joked before they continued their walk down the streets. But what was awaiting Diane would be much worse. Of course, John had a concert tonight. At a real, official place. And, you know who was gonna be there. Nick....how ever would Diane hang out with Nick without there being some tension between them. Some awkwardness. It made Diane sick but she had to get through it. Face the music.....

"Are you excited?" John asked her breaking her out of her deep train of worrisome thoughts. Diane shut her eyes for a second and blinked back all her worries, "huh? Oh yeah!" Diane snapped into reality again. John grinned again and kissed her cheek softly. Diane could get through talking to Nick....right? Well time would tell, the concert was in a whopping 5 hours. Not enough time to collect herself, but enough time to calm down.

Face the music, Diane. She throughly thought through those three words. Face. The. Fucking. Music.