LIKE HONEY

it needs more spice so....we changing povs lmao. im gonna write from johns point of view in this chapter. so just a waning, i feel like im gonna end this book really soon. but im gonna make a sequel that will be more in the popular years of duran duran. okay love y'all whos reading this!!!!!

I was so confused. I was so angry with myself. I was so heartbroken. I make everyone too big of deal and I could only imagine how bad I hurt Diane. The girl I'd stop time for, is the one I've hurt the most. I'd do anything for her, and yet, it seems I'm always hurting her. I hated myself for that. I despised myself for that. Why must I just go off like that? Can't I just be a normal person and talk about feelings and all that?

"John, where's Diane?" A worried Simon asked as I angrily walked over to the table to get my jacket. I didn't want to answer him, I didn't want to talk to anyone. I wanted to just go home and hate myself in peace. I didn't answer, but tore my jacket from my seat and threw it over my shoulder forcefully.

"John?" Nick spoke up rising from the table. Oh god, of course he had something to say.

"Don't even start with me, Nick." I stopped him with the most annoyance I've ever heard myself speak with. He put his hands up in defense and slowly took his seat once again.

"John, where is she? What happened?" Simon asked once again. Why was everyone asking me so many questions. I wasn't in the mod today, goddammit. Andy and Roger stayed silent as a mouse watching me stupidly loose my mind right then and there.

"Goddammit. She's fucking gone, okay? She fucking left again. She's probably fucking....oh fuck it." I started to really loose it right now. I threw some money on the table and walked right out of that place. I was so mad, so appalled, so....just. I don't even know! I couldn't even hear myself think the whole way back to my apartment. I wanted so badly to just hold Diane and tell her I was sorry.

I wanted to just hold her one more time. One more fucking time. Just see her blue eyes once more and see her glamours smile beam from across the room. I wanted to just apologize, and suck up to her until she finally forgave me and we were just fine again.....

"Wait. Wait, could you take me to um 13th Avenue, instead? Please." I quickly said to the taxi driver. With a huff, she turned the car around and headed in the direction of Diane's place. I was gonna make this right once and for all. I wanted to have this girl all to myself. I wanted her in my arms once again and I'd do anything to make that happen. Anything.

"I'm sorry, it's just hectic." I said softly to the driver. I felt bad for making her turn around and drive halfway back across the city. Through the revere mirror her eyes looked into mine. I swallowed hard trying to work up to courage to walk into her apartment.

"May I ask what's got you in a knot?" She said with a thick New York accent. I'd never heard the term "in a knot" before. So, a small laugh sounded. But, I kept my cool.

"Sorry, I just got in a fight with my....girlfriend and she's so angry wit me. I don't know what to do. I'm trying to make things right but I don't know....god, John. You're talking to the taxi driver now?" I stopped myself with regret. She laughed from the front a small laugh and cleared her throat.

"I think your doing just fine so far." She stated with a grin. I looked at her like she was crazy, what could possibly be fine about this? At all, "what? I'm doing terrible, she hates me!" I exclaimed back with confusion. The woman was older, maybe 40 or older. She looked wise and I could only hope she was wise enough to be right.

"Only love makes you this frantic, hun. If she doesn't see that when you walk in there....she's not the right one. Now, you be a man. Walk in there, speak your mind, and let it drip from your tongue like honey." Her words had stuck with me since then. Drip like honey, didn't make sense, but at the same time it did. I was confused, but wasn't confused. I knew what I needed to know and I was bound to do it now.

"Thank you, a lot." I said to her through the window as I bolted from the car and to the front of her building. I took a deep breath it, and worked up this insane amount of courage to open that door and walk straight into the elevator. God, help me win this girl back.

Again.