NEW FRIENDS?

"Oh, would you just dance?" Shelby asked for the millionth time that night. Diane, again rolled her eyes far to the back of her head. No way in hell would Diane dance, especially in front of people.

"For the last time—" Diane started. But stopped herself mid sentence when someone caught her eyes. Where had she seen that face before? She thought way back into her brain. But she couldn't just place her finger on it. Shelby waited patiently, and confused as to why Diane was just staring into nothing.

Then it hit her. Nick, that's right! Diane instantly put on a smile and took another sip of her drink, keeping her eyes on Nick. John's friend, from the coffee shop.

"Shelby, I'll be right back. Okay?" She left her there by herself to go say hi. Diane was nervous, very very nervous. She didn't have any place to say hi. They weren't friends, even by association. She wasn't like with John or anything. Diane didn't know how to say "hi" apparently....she couldn't get the words out of her mouth. They were there, but not coming out. Luckily, Nick noticed her from a distance and called her over.

"Hey, Diane. Right?" Nick asked her. She looked into his direction seeing a happy smile on his face. Holding his frosty drink in his hand. His smile mirrored onto her face in an instant.

"Um, yeah. Nick...if I remember correctly." She said so weirdly. It echoed in her mind and every time it did, it sounded stupider and stupider and stupider. Nick brought the glass to his mouth and raised his eyebrows.

"You got it." He answered cheekily before leaning against the table and waiting for more conversation. Small talk was not Diane's thing. But she had to think of something and something very fast.

"So....how've you been?" She asked him. Nick opened his mouth to answer but was cut off almost immediately.

"Nick....you'll never believe who's— who's this." The boy who so rudely interrupted their deep conversation asked looking at Diane profoundly. Diane remembered seeing him up on the stage with John. But was never introduced properly.

"Oh. Andy, this is Diane. She's uh....John's girl? Or chiquita more or less." Nick said. That made Diane laugh out loud. Where do these words even come from. Andy held in his laugh pretty well, but he too was on the verge.

"Chiquita? Nick, come on." She said to him, Nick felt stupid but made a face at her. It wasn't anything close to intimidating. It just made the whole situation funnier. After Diane laughed so hard she cried, she cooled it down and sat with them for the night. Forgetting about Shelby and everyone else. To be honest, she had a good time. It was fun, it seemed like she made two new friends. This could also draw her and John closer together which is what she wanted. Nick was a very fun, and genuine person. It drew Diane to him in a certain way.

They had one too many drinks that night. It was full of laughing, and jokes. It was the most fun time Diane's had in a while. Andy took off a little after 12 a.m leaving Nick and Diane, drunk to the point of blackout. She couldn't even control what she did, she didn't know what she was doing. It was all black. The last thing she remembered was falling onto a bed, and then everything became nothing.

A/N: two updates within one day 😈 im so kwel. anyways, im truly sorry about what happens in the next chapter....