PRINCESS

When Diane awoke, she immediately froze. She couldn't remember a single thing, until she saw John asleep beside her. Diane's hand still in his. It put a genuine smile on her face that yesterday she wouldn't dream of putting on. Slowly, she slipped out of the bed. Leaving John to remain sleeping. Her apartment was a mess. A complete mess, so her being the person she is decided to clean up.

It was New Years Eve today, and the only thing she was thinking of was kissing John at midnight tonight. That's the only thought that went through her mind. It made her look forward to something. As she made her way over to the couch, she sat down and turned the TV on. Making sure the volume was down slightly. Every channel had something about New Years Eve on it, nothing worth watching, so she stuck with watching the boring news. But then again, who really enjoys watching the news anyways?

The hours went by fairly quickly...and soon the clock read 11:00. Jeez, John must've been exhausted. Diane was a little jealous that she couldn't ever sleep that late. Her body wakes her up at the crack of dawn and refuses to let her fall back asleep. Quietly, she laid back down in her bed and kept her gaze on John. His messy hair, made her giggle slightly as she pushed it out of the way.

"Johnny..." she sang lowly as she pushed his hair back. She got a little stir in response, "John." Diane said again.

"Hmmm." John hummed a reply with his eyes tightly shut, "it's 11 o'clock. You're gonna sleep all day." Diane whispered making John open his eyes. He breathed in sharply and lost his sense of awareness in her eyes. They always made him put a smile on. Even in his darkest hour.

"Fine." John sat up leaning against the beds headboard. Diane chuckled before getting out of bed and turning her attention back to the news. John, slowly trailing behind and joining her on the couch.

"Are you gonna kiss me tonight?" John asked with that damned smirk on his face. The color drained from her face, as she remembered Nick. But she had to keep in a secret, she had to hide it. Nothing would ever make her tell John. But, she'd be lying to him her whole life. Nothing good could be made out of this situation. Diane put on the act pretty quickly.

"I think the question is if you are gonna kiss me tonight." Diane retorted with the same smirk that made John feel so different on her face. John shrugged at her all with good humor. Of course he'd kiss her tonight. It's all he was looking forward to.

"Diana Spencer and Prince Charles are getting married this year." Diane said referring to what she heard on the news. John obviously not caring about the subject nodded in response, without a single change in position.

"Wow, calm down it's not that exciting." She said with sarcasm. John rolled his eyes with a grin on his face, "you know...if my name had just one A at the end, I could tell people I was marrying a prince and that I'd become a princess." John looked at her with confusion.

"But you already are. You're my princess...not that preppy little Prince Charles. Mine." John said trapping her in a hug and kissing her neck playfully. Diane melted like ice. God, she was a terrible person for doing....that to someone like John. Diane grinned at him, but inside she knew ever being would eventually fall apart.