xviii. the order of the pheonix

⋆

⋆.ೃ࿔*:・CHAPTER NINETEEN
the order . ˚◞♡ 🎐*ೃ

𝓘t was their last day of their sixth year, tension and fear brewing in their final hours as they feared of no return.

The marauders sat by the bank, no words leaving their mouth as no one knew exactly what to say. "I think, even if hogwarts does get closed, we find a place. Somewhere we go, and call it ours" Remus spoke up amongst the silence, the others gazing towards the lake which the light shon down on.

"Where?" Ariyah asked, suddenly interest at his idea. "My grandfather owns a log cabin by a lake, it's not too far from your house Ariyah. If we set a date now we can plan to go there" The dirty blonde haired added, this had suddenly gotten everyone's interest.

"How about the second week of summer, around the 6th?" Sirius asked, pulling off his robe and undoing the top buttons of his shirt. Summer had come around early, apparently many things had this year.

"Can everyone make it?" Remus asked, everyones heads nodding. Everyone had began to feel slightly more normal, the hopes of doing something fun settling in the back of their minds, although the never ending anxiety still ate away at the happiness Regulus and Elora held, despite their silence with one another.

"Sorry i'm late" Peter called out, running over to the others and lying down by Lily. Elora and Regulus shared a look, the first one for hours.

Sirius was quick to catch onto this, as was Ariyah. "Been somewhere Peter?" The black haired boy asked, turning to the blonde. Peter said nothing, keeping his eyes on Sirius before searching in his bag.

"I forgot to give you all your christmas gifts" He said, handing everyone little wrapped boxes. "But it's summer?" Ariyah laughed, holding her box close.

"Never question gifts Ri!" Lily laughed, the two girls syncing their smiles as they pulled open their boxes.

The gift felt like dead weight in Elora's hand, part of her wanted to throw it into the lake, part of her wanted to throw it at him. Ariyah picked up a quill and a pot of ink, her name engraved into each. It appeared as though the gift had been carefully hand crafted. "For the lists you're always making us follow because I know how you love to be in control of things" Peter smiled, laughter in his voice as Ariyah pulled him into a hug.

Lily opened hers to find a key chain, a bright red rose, dipped into specs of gold. Peter didn't say anything, he just smiled at the girl, she placed it against her lips and kissed it softly.

James looked uncomfortable at the action, trying to take the moment away by opening his own gift. He found a tiny replica of the golden snitch.

"For the best seeker hogwarts has ever had" Peter winked towards the boy who immediately dropped any awkward tension and thanked his bestfriend repeatedly.