-a utopian society,

𝓡egulus stumbled towards his kitchen, pulling open a cupboard to reveal empty bottles of whiskey and bourbon

𝓡egulus stumbled towards his kitchen, pulling open a cupboard to reveal empty bottles of whiskey and bourbon. He reached for the back, knocking off an empty bottle and sending it crashing against the ground. The shards of glass cut against his legs but he didn't care, he grabbed the full bottle and carried it towards the living room, ripping off the lid as he began to chuck.

The liquid soarched his throat, burning against his skin but he liked it. He gulped more and more until his vision blurred and his mind took over. He reached for the phone line, placing it to his ear as he dialed the potters home phone.

"Regulus?" James answered, questioning his very slurred words. There were mumbles in the distance of the call, but his eyelids began to give way and he found it hard to stay awake. "Regulus, are you okay?" It was Elora's voice, the girl whose voice he was waiting to hear. His eyelids shot open as his mouth began to ramble.

"W-why did you chose him" His words came out as a slur, making it hard for the girl to understand what he was trying to say. She paused for a moment, not wanting everyone around her to hear what she had to say. "Have you been drinking?" She questioned, he could hear Sirius' voice in the background mumbling something to her but he couldn't make our what he was saying.

"I need you to answer me. If it was between me and him only, who would you have chosen Elora" His words were more clear this time, but the slur only continued as his words blended into one.

"I can't answer that" She spoke, the phone being pulled from her ear and being placed on his brothers instead. "Are you drunk Regulus?" Sirius said, his words were scolding and Regulus couldn't believe he was pulling out the father card.

"Yes Sirius, I am drunk" He spat down the phone, pulling at the cord to bring it closer to his ear. "Well stop, you aren't doing anyone any favours by doing this to yourself" He practically shouted down the phone.

"Pass the phone back to her, brother, please" Regulus begged as the tears began to fall from his eyes. The phone was passed back to the girl. "You need water, and to get yourself to bed"

"I can't, I can't function without you" He was crying harder now, his sniffles preventing him from hearing anything the girl was saying. And then the phone cut off.

"No, no I'm sorry, Elora" He dialed the phone multiple times but no one picked up. "I'm sorry" He cried, pushing himself to his feet falling back against the couch.

He made his way again, grabbing the packet of cigarettes on the table and crawling towards the back door. His hands shook as he placed the smoke between his lips and tried to light it.

Blowing in the smoke he closed his eyes, imaging her beside him, lighting the cigarette for him and removing it from his lips and placing them on her own. "I love you" She would say, her hand finding his as the two looked up towards the stars. "What if one day you stop" He would reply, needing to know he had forever with her.