xlviii. the goblet of fire

⋆

⋆.ೃ࿔*:・CHAPTER FORTY SEVEN
broom practice ˏˋ°•*

𝓣he lessons had returned to normal, Dumbledore not giving a side glance to any of the marauders or how they were. It was better kept in secret that way.

"It's good to have you back, Elora" Spoke Slughorn, turning to the rest of the class and beginning his lesson. The girl didn't have time to focus on school and how to make potions or fly a broom, there was far too much happening that was more important.

Her brothers words lacing in her mind, education is the key to all success. Oh how wrong he was—is?

The blonde huffed, wanting to bash her head against the book she held, James however was quickly scribbling away and not giving anything a second thought.

The class droned on for what felt like hours, the professors words disappearing into the abis of her mind. "Do you want me to catch you up later?" Asked James, his glasses falling slightly from his tiny nose.

"Yeah I cant concentrate on anything" She whispered back, the school bell ringing and her anxiety growing even more. Atleast in lessons she knew she didn't have to really face anyone, no drama, but equally she couldn't help but think of what was to come. She hated the thought of Daniel being locked up with somewhere whilst Tom grew stronger and thought of more and more ways to kill her.

What if he had already killed Daniel, and purposely wanted her to get her hopes up just to be crushed once more? These thoughts trailed in her mind on loop, a never ending circle she couldn't get out of.

"Elora?" Sirius called out, walking beside her, the two heading towards the quidditch field. They had been told it was time for the marauders to learn how to properly fly a broom, a skill? She doubted it.

"Yes" She spoke, pretending to have been listening the whole time, when in reality she didn't even notice that he was walking beside her. "I asked how you are" Although Sirius had his moments, the girl knew him and how much he really cared for all of his friends.

"I'm fine" Elora lied, walking quicker in hopes of him somehow disappearing into fresh air. "What is it?" He asked, catching up with her until the two were in sight of the quidditch field.

"I said i'm fine—just tired or something" Her voice a whisper once she saw everyone at the field, including Regulus.

"He doesn't want me there—I should go back and practice another time" She begged but Sirius was already dragging her towards everyone else.

"Okay, everyone mount your broom sticks and show me your hold" Spoke Regulus, walking down the line to make sure everyone was doing it properly. Once he reached Elora he grabbed her hand, roughly pulling it upwards. "Your hand should be here not there" He snapped, watching her eyes face the ground before walking towards the rest.