ii. fifth year

—If you're enjoying my wattpad, you can buy a physical copy of it!! All you have to do is leave your insta or snapchat name in the comments, enjoy <33—

If you're enjoying my wattpad, you can buy a physical copy of it!! All you have to do is leave your insta or snapchat name in the comments, enjoy <33

┊͙ ୭̥⋆*。 chapter two

you are my family.ೃ࿐

𝓐riyah, Lily and I had settled into our dorm quicker than usual, the home sickness had dulled almost immediately this year and we were ready for our first day of classes.

"What do you have first?" Ariyah asked, eyeing my time table as she compared mine to hers. "Merlin, we only have DADA together this year" She groaned, placing her timetable in her robe as I fixed my skirt. "Lily what do you have first?" I asked, praying she would say potions. "Herbology"

Ariyahs expression lightened as she blew out a sigh of relief, "We are together!-" She immediately stopped when she noticed my sour expression. "Elora i'm sure it will be perfectly fine, we will see you at lunch?" The brunette girl smiled as I nodded my head.

..⃗.🕊•̩̩͙⁺゜

Walking into my class I noticed a spare seat next to James Potter. "Mind if I sit?" I questioned, noticing the slytherin table behind us which was empty. James smiled, "Not at all"

Professor Slughorn made his way to the front of the class, looking around the class as the door opened. "Sorry i'm late sir" Tom spoke, taking a seat at the empty table behind me as he stretched out his legs. "No problem Mr Riddle, We were just about to start"

I instantly rolled my eyes, James doing the same. Everyone knew Slughorn had a soft spot for Tom and it made it exceptionally hard to ever excel in his class. "Let's start than shall we...What are they key ingredients for a poly juice potion" My hand shot up, I had been studying this particular topic all summer in hopes of being the best in the class. "Yes Miss Emmerson"

I cleared my throat as I began, "lacewing flies, leeches, fluxweed, knotgrass, powdered horn of a Bicorn and shredded skin of a unicorn" I responded, feeling proud of myself as Tom began to laugh. "Actually it's the shredded skin of a Boomslang as well as a bit of whoever the drinker intends to turn into"

I scrunched my fists up, feeling utterly humiliated at how I had gotten the question wrong. "Marvellous Tom!" Slug horn clapped, awarding 10 points to Slytherin.

"Well done" I muttered under my breath, trying to prevent my temper from rising. "What was that Emmerson?" Tom asked, leaning over his table as he spoke. James fell silent at Toms encounter, the two were never friends but James wouldn't dare cross paths with him. "You know what I said" I said, anger in my voice as he chuckled and leant back in his chair. "I don't think I did, maybe if you said it a little louder-"

"Will you leave me alone" I yelled, slamming my wand on the desk as the class fell silent. Slughorn turning to face me as he raised an eyebrow, "I need to go to the bathroom" I spoke, standing up as I watched Toms smile turn into a sly smirk, his hand pushing his brown locks back. "Have fun" He laughed, grabbing his quill to continue writing.

..⃗.🕊•̩̩͙⁺゜

"Was it really that bad?" Ariyah asked, placing her head against my shoulder as I reminisced my events from earlier. "Everyone stated at me, it was completely humiliating" I groaned, pushing myself further into my seat in hopes of somehow vanishing into thin air. "He just wants to get under your skin" Lily sighed, practicing her game of chess with me. "How many games are you going to make us play-"

"Check mate!" Lily shouted, moving her last piece of her face light up. Me and Ariyah shared a look, bursting into laughter as the red head crossed her arms. "I just want to make sure that when I finally play a game with James that I win" She added, as the two of us nodded our heads.

"Well this is the 7th game you've won against us so i'm sure no more practise is needed" Ariyah laughed, her dimples glowing as the ends of her hair bounced along with her expression. I added, "She's not wrong Lil"

"Talking about me" Sirius smirked, walking over to our table as he took a seat opposite Ariyah. "You wish" Lily laughed as the boy rolled his eyes. "Ariyah, mind if I have a word?" He asked, my mouth dropping open slightly as I kicked the brunette a little too hard. She pretended not to notice as she stood up from the table, "I guess" She replied, looking back to face the two of us once he had turned around. "What In the merlin" She mouthed as we giggled and watched them walk out of the hall.

"Okay let's start over" Lily said, placing the chess pieces back in their original positions, "You've got to be kidding me"

..⃗.🕊•̩̩͙⁺゜

Sirius lead the girl to an empty corridor, leaning his arm against the wall as his posture remains proper. "Turns out my lack of studying over the summer has really caught up with me, so I was wondering if maybe you'd help me?" Black asked, rubbing the back of his neck as he grew uncomfortable. The boy had never had to ask anyone of anything, especially not his peers. "It depends" Ariyah smirked, pretending to consider his question. "On?" The boy responded, his hands placing themselves in the pockets of his jeans as he studied the girls slim face.

"You have to make sure James leaves Severus alone" Ariyah smiled, as the brunette boys face dropped. "Ariyah, you know I can't do that" He replied, pacing slightly as the girl crossed her arms. "Okay fine- but you owe me"

"Owe you? With my help you'll have the best grades in the class" Sirius studied more in depth this time, holding out his hand as she shook his. "Deal"

..⃗.🕊•̩̩͙⁺゜

A letter had come through from my mother, it explained that my father had fallen very sick over the past week and they weren't sure if he was going to recover. I wanted to feel empathy but i couldn't, instead I felt empty. "What's on your mind?" James asked, pulling a seat up beside me in the library. I had been staring at the same page of the herbology book for what felt like hours. "Just home stuff, you?" I asked, watching as he pulled his glasses off and placed them in his pocket. "I know something that might cheer you up, follow me" His lips curved into a smile as he spoke, holding his hand out for me to grab.

I hesistated for a moment before linking my hand in his. I felt my heartbeat rise in my throat with him watching me, inspecting me as though I was a piece of china. James lead me through the corridors and out onto the courtyard. My mouth hung open as snow began to fall, specs of white filling the sky as they fell gently against the ground. "It's snowing so soon" I whispered, his smile reappearing. "I know isn't it beautiful" He replied, pulling me along to sit at one of the benches infront of the water fountain.

"I hope you're coming to hogsmeade tomorrow, it's all sirius is going on about...did you know he's a sucker for butterbeer" A laugh escaped my lips as I listened to the boy talk, his voice a sweet harmony which plastered my mind. "I'm afraid I can't, no parental permission" James' smile disappeared, almost making him appear as though he was disappointed. "Maybe another time?" He spoke, his voice contrasting with the cold of the snow.

"Maybe so"