9

The seven of us chilled together, until we decided to watch a movie. 

No surprise, but definitely cliché, we decided to watch Hamilton on Disney+.

Singing along to the lyrics, belting them out at definitely too loud volumes, we laughed out heads off.

As the night progressed, we all became increasingly more tired.

In a yawning chorus, Piper sighed and stood up reluctantly. I smirked to myself as I saw that Jason was a little put out due to the fact that Piper moved from next to him. But I swallowed any comment because I knew Percy was right next to me.

"Lets go to bed." Piper announced. Most of us murmured agreements, and stood up. I stayed sitting though, keen to see the end of Hamilton. 'Who Lives Who Dies Who Tells Your Story' is one of my favourite songs. And I needed to learn the techniques of it properly for the Musical.

Everyone walked out of the room, and I stayed curled up next to Percy watching-

Wait.

"Percy?"

"Hiya Wisegirl." Percy whispered, his head resting on top of mine.

I swallowed and tried not to scream in squeals. "Hey. Uh, you don't want to, uhh- go to sleep?"

Real smooth Annabeth. Real smooth.

Percy chuckled, "Nah I'll wait until this is over."

The opening to 'The World Was Wide Enough For Both Hamilton And Me' begun, and I hummed the tune to the chorus, not realizing that Percy could fully hear me, until he began humming with me.

I looked up to him, and he just smiled down to me.

Soon, - too soon, Hamilton finished, and Piper knocked on the door.

"Oi," She said, "Time to go to bed Annie. I don't want any naughty behavior between you two tonight, so I'm babysitting yall. Time. For. Bed."

My cheeks flushed, and I motioned for Piper to go away, but that I was coming.

I sat up, not making eye contact with Percy until he sat up as well. "Umm." I said, awkwardly.

Percy's face was blushing as well, which was kinda my saving grace. Percy smiled a sideways smile at me, "So uh, she calls you Annie?" He asked me.

I laughed, "Yeah. It's a joke because I love the musical a lot. But I also hate the nickname, and i can only tolerate her calling me it. So you better stick to Wisegirl."

He laughed, "Okay, I'm warned."

I yawned, "Ok, I'm definitely going to bed now. Come I'll show you the boy's room."

<><><><><>

"Here it is!" I said, tapping on the wooden door. You could hear Leo and Frank arguing over beds from the outside, and Jason laughing.

Percy thanked me, made to open the door, and I made to walk away. But he said, "Wait Annabeth!"

I turned, smiling, "Yeah?"

"Do you, uh?" Percy scratched the back of his neck.

I giggled, but not in the girly way, "What is it, Seaweed Brain?"

"Do you uhh, want to, I dunno, practice our lines together sometime?" He blurted out.

Wait was this a musical geek's version of asking someone out?

How was I supposed to know.

"Oh yeah sure!" I ended up saying. "Um, When?"

"Idk Monday after school? We could go to my place."