3

I sat in the massive theatre that Goode had. It must be able to fit at least 1000 people. It wasn't even on the school property, yet it belonged to the school. You had to cross the road from the school, to get to the theatre. Hundreds of students were swarming around the building, both inside and outside, waiting for their audition, or waiting for their friends, or generally just wanting to be able to say that they were there. 

Piper was in now, doing her audition, with the supervisor of the musical, Apollo. She was going to get in. I had complete faith in her. I mean, there was no way she couldn't!

Of course, she said the same about me, but I was freaking out. What if I messed up? I had already warmed my voice up, and was itching to sing, but knew I had to wait my turn. But now I was terrified I would make a mistake during the audition. Wha-

"Hey Annabeth!"

I turned and saw Percy, Jason, and another boy I hadn't seen before.

"Hi Percy, Jason, and, uh, sorry. what was your name?" I asked apologetically.

"Frank Zhang." Frank said, holding his hand out. I smiled warmly and shook it, though I was mentally praying for Hazel to come right now, because this was the boy she could not shut up about.

"So where's Piper?" Jason asked me.

"She's in her audition right now." I told them.

"Oh wow." Percy said. "How long do you think she'll be in there for again?" 

"I dunno." I said, running my hands through my hair. "She went in about two minutes ago, but some auditions take crazy long, like Drew's. And some are taking really short."

"Oh, you uh, met Drew?" Percy asked me, and Frank and Jason started talking. Percy slipped into the aisle seat, Piper's pervious seat, and right next to me.

"Yeah," I said, "She sits next to me in Math." 

"What do you think of her?" Percy asked me.

I furrowed my eyebrows, "That's a strange question..." I laughed and rubbed my hands together.

"Oh, well uh," Percy looked like he was trying to come up with a good excuse, but then gave up. "Okay, so. She won't leave me alone. Like at all." He saw my doubtful expression and laughed, "No come on I'm serious! She just won't! And I don't know if it's something I did but I just can't shake her off!"

Percy's desperate expression was adorable, really. I laughed under my breath, and shrugged. "I dunno, just tell her to go away?"  

"She doesn't take the hint!" Percy said, his hands ringing. Seriously, I'm so happy right now. A day ago, I thought Percy was dating this obnoxious girl, and today I find out he wants to get rid of her.

I snickered, "Um, whenever she gets too close, just pointedly cough and take a couple steps away from her? Seriously Percy I have no idea."

Percy smirked at me, "Well thank you for your efforts, but's it's gonna be really hard for me to stay away from her if she's auditioning for Maria Reynolds and I want the role for Hamilton."

I bit my lip. Now this was a problem. "Only one song." I said. "Come on, it's not like she's gonna be Eliza or something."

We then went quiet because we were both thinking of what I just unintentionally inferred. Drew wasn't Eliza, I was Eliza. Y'know, the role that's worse for Percy?

"Oh look! Piper's done!" I cried, glad for the excuse to stand up, but equally excited for Piper.

"How'd you do?" I asked her, leading her into her seat, that Percy had jumped out of when I pointed out Piper.