Issue 14 - Goofing Off

Wilbur and Frankie sat atop the school bell tower as it was the crack of dawn. They were hoping that no nosy security guard would notice them at such a high area. Frankie laid on Wilbur's shoulder, smiling softly as she took in the scenery in front of them.

"Amazing, ain't it?" Wilbur grinned.

Frankie replied with a nod, seeing some birds fly by them. "Yeah...it feels so breaktaking...yet awesome."

Wilbur chuckled softly, gazing over the city skyline as he had Frankie in his arms. "Doesn't it feel nice to not be stressing yourself out with hero duties, Wilbur?" Frankie asked, squeezing his hand softly in comfort.

"Sure does." Wilbur replied softly, kissing her cheek softly. "Just a day with you and no second rate villains to ruin it."

"Exactly. I'd tell you to take the week off, but I know there's a better chance of pigs flying..." Frankie said with a little chuckle, before leaning over again and giving Wilbur a kiss of her own.

But their kiss was soon interrupted by a crime notification from Russell. "I'm sorry. I really gotta take this."

"Go ahead." Frankie flashed him a smile.

Wilbur looked on his phone to see the text message from Russell.

💬: Trouble at City Hall. Get here fast.

Wilbur would roll his eyes and look at Frankie with a sigh. "I need to go. Lemme get us down."

Frankie would hang on to Wilbur tightly as they hovered back to the ground. She thought that it must've felt strange to be at least a inch above the ground, let alone a thousand feet in the air. "What's going on?" Frankie asked about the message as they soon landed in the back of the school, away from any prying eyes towards them.

"Something's happening at city hall. I gotta take care of it." Wilbur said as he slid his mask on. He had his suit underneath his school uniform so he could change more easier. "Shit, I should really get a suit that doesn't require a 2 minute changing session. A suit that can form around me in seconds."

"You better get there. I'll cover for you in class." Frankie added.

"You don't need to. Ethan does it all to time." Wilbur replied, climbing all the wall. But then, Frankie pulled on his arm softly, halting him halfway up the wall. "Hey babe...I know this is random, but..." Frankie began, looking concerned. "Please make sure you won't get hurt out there, okay?"

"What makes you say that?" Wilbur asked with concern, being in a hurry.

"Nothing in particular...just be careful. Don't put yourself in situations where you'll get hurt. There are some bad people out there and they will hurt you if they have to."

"Babe, I promise you...there's nothing out there I can't handle." She reassured her with a kiss before crawling away and flying off.

Frankie looked up at the skies in worry. She couldn't help but be anxious for him. Even though her boyfriend was a superhero, she was afraid that he could get in too deep into something he couldn't control.

Wilbur glided across the skies of downtown, looking down at the streets to see patrol cars quickly drove over city hall. Sirens filled the busy blocks as most of the roads were blocked off by a SWAT team. "So, what the hell is happening at city hall?" Wilbur asked Russell as he landed by a nearby rooftop.

"See for yourself." Russell watched through the video feed in Wilbur's suit.

Wilbur would be in awe at the sight of City Hall being completely covered in colorful balloons. "Oh man, is the circus in town?" Wilbur joked.