9. Here you come again

Start from the beginning

"And you were wrong," I said smiling.

"Okay," He admitted. "Let's see if you can do any better."

I looked down in the crowd and tried and focused on someone.

"See the girl in the short black dress?" I said with a smile.

He looked in the direction I'm pointing and his face broke out into a smile.

"Monica." He said already knowing who I was talking about.

"Yeah," I said. "She's dancing with that guy but she's looking all around the room for someone else."

"Okay?"

"She probably looking to see if her ex is playing attention so he gets jealous."

He shook his head and moved his face closer to mine. "You've got to let that theory go."

I smirked. "Okay fine. I don't know anything."

He backed away and looked back at the crowd. "My turn."

He pointed once more and said, "You see the guy dressed up James Bond and the girl in the 60s outfit?"

I looked down and saw Ben and Casey dancing together. A small smile formed on my face.

They were smiling and swaying together.

"They're probably best friends that have feelings for each other."

He turned his attention to me. "You can tell because he's nervously holding her by the back and she's looking at him the same way Darcy looked at Lizzie. Like in the movie."

I let out a small laugh and looked at him with wide eyes.

"What?" He said amused.

"You're actually correct on that one."

His eyebrows furrowed and I found the look of confusion on his face cute. "I am?"

"Yeah, that's Ben and Casey. The best friends I told you about."

He nodded in recognition.

"They're very much into each other, but they're taking forever to admit it."

"How are you sure?" He said looking back at them.

"Casey tells me everything and Ben asked for my help on how to ask her out."

He looked back at me with excitement. "And what did you tell him?"

I shrugged. "I just said to "be honest with her and show her you care"."

"That's it?" He looked somewhat disappointed.

"Yeah, why do you seem surprised?"

"Well I mean you're the one who loves all of those true love stories like Cinderella. I'd figured you'd have more to say than "Be honest and show her you care." He said in a patronizing voice. "That's weak advice."

I scoffed and pushed him slightly.

"What? I expected more from you." He smiled at me and I bit my bottom lip.

"I don't really understand it in real life though. In books, it's easier to comprehend I guess." I admitted.

His smile was replaced with a look of curiosity. "You mean like love or falling in love?"

"The falling in love part," I said a bit more quietly.

"Oh." He just stared at me with no expression. "Have you never been in love before?"