Chapter 49: Somewhere In The Fucking Stars

49. Somewhere In The Fucking Stars

"Aaaaahhhhh!" Shannon screamed through the phone. "You guys said it?!"

I laughed. "Yeah."

She was probably more excited than I was at the fact that Aaron told me he loved me.

I hadn't spoken to him today, but I felt all giddy just thinking about him.

"Tell us the story," Sienna chuckled on the other end of the three-way call.

"Nope, not yet," Shannon said. "When I get back from Vermont, us three are having a sleep over and you are telling us how it went down down to the very last detail!"

I laughed. "Yes ma'am."

"Okay, I have to go," Sienna told us. "I love you guys. Merry Christmas!"

"Same," Shannon said. "My mom wants us to go skiing now, and I'm not objecting. The instructor was so cute helping me the other day."

I rose an eyebrow. "But Shan, you ski better than anyone else I know."

"He's also hot and there's absolutely no reason for him to know that," she said.

Sienna and I both laughed. It was nice to see her slowly moving on from Cole.

"Okay well have a good time," Sienna said.

"Oh I plan to," she responded. "Merry Christmas guys!"

"Merry Christmas," I replied. "Bye."

I hung up, and then I thought about calling Aaron. Just as I was about to hit the dial, the doorbell rang.

"Ugh," I groaned, getting myself off the couch to go open it.

I opened the door and was met with Aaron and his dad.

"Aaron, Mr. Smith," I said. "What are you doing here?"

Aaron chuckled before looking at my outfit. "Merry Christmas to you too."

I looked down at the Rudolf the red nose reindeer onesie I was wearing and immediately felt embarrassed.

"Oh, I wasn't uh...expecting you," I said.

"Like I said last night Morgan, call me Alan," his dad smiled, not really minding my attire.

I stepped aside to let them in and closed the door behind them.

"Nice antlers," Aaron whispered to me, flicking the antlers that were attached to the hood of the fit.

What? I was prepared to laze around all day until I had to get ready for my mom's party.

I nudged him and he chuckled.

"What brings you by?" I asked his dad.

"Actually I'm here to see-"

"Dr. Smith," my dad said, suddenly emerging down the staircase.

He walked over and the two men exchanged handshakes.

"Please," Alan said. "Call me Alan. I just wanted to thank you in person Mr. Hall, for helping me get to my family for Christmas."

"Told you I figured it out," Aaron whispered to me again.

I just smiled and shook my head.

"Mike," my dad said. "No need for formalities with me either."

"Well thank you Mike," Alan said, before extending a bottle of expensive wine to him. "This is just a little something for you."

"Thank you, but you didn't have to," dad said, before looking at me. "That was the mastermind right there, and I would do anything for her."