Chapter 7: As Single As A Pringle

7. As Single As A Pringle

I got out of my car and walked inside my home after school, heading straight to my mother's home office. I didn't bother knocking.

"Seriously mom?"

She looked up and I noticed she was on the phone.

"I'll have to call you back," she said. "Uh huh...yes...yes of course...alright...bye."

She put down her phone. "First of all, tone down that attitude will you? Now...what's the mater?"

"What's the matter?" I said in exasperation. "I said I didn't want to do your whole publicity stunt but you went ahead and told the whole world I would. Not cool."

She sighed. "I see Morgan. But look, you're probably just nervous. I'm sure-"

"Mom what part of I don't want to do this don't you understand? There are loads of other people who would be thrilled!"

"Morgan, this will be good for all of us, you'll see."

"Well what about what's good for me?" I said.

I sighed and left, going back outside.

I didn't take my car, I just walked out and down the street. After walking a couple of blocks I had calmed down and was prepared to go back home. That was until I noticed someone familiar standing next to a motorcycle a few feet away from me.

"Aaron?" I called.

He put his helmet down and neatened his disheveled hair. "Morgan."

"You ride a motorcycle," I said.

"Really? I didn't notice."

I rolled my eyes at his sarcasm and he chuckled.

"What are you doing here?" he asked.

"Just out for a walk," I replied. "You?"

He pointed at the sign of the restaurant in front of us. "My one stop shop for good food."

"Oh..."

He rolled his eyes. "Would you like to join me Morgan?"

"Not really but since you asked why not?" I joked as I walked in front of him.

We both entered and I followed him to the counter. A girl about our age stood behind and smiled when she saw us...or rather him. She had pretty dark brown eyes and her dark hair was pulled back into a ponytail. 

"Hi Aaron," she said. "The usual?"

He nodded with a small smile before introducing me. "Clarissa this is Morgan. Morgan, Clarissa, my very good friend."

"Who's surprised," she chuckled, turning to me. "He hates people so I'm surprised when I see him with anyone other than Justin."

Aaron rolled his eyes. "I don't hate people."

"What'll you have?" Clarissa asked me.

"Uh...fries and a strawberry milkshake," I said.

"Coming right up," she said. "You two take a seat."

"Thanks," I smiled.

"And Aaron, for goodness sakes smile more," she teased. "Brings out your eyes."

He only chuckled and the two of us found somewhere to sit.

I smiled at him.

"What?" he asked.

"Clarissa," I said. "When are you going to ask her out?"

He didn't look surprised at what I said.