Chapter 59: Lucifer One and Lucifer Two

59. Lucifer One And Lucifer Two

I smiled, waking up from my slumber. Aaron placed another kiss on my temple.

"Come on, get up," he said.

"Five more minutes," I murmured.

"We're already late," he chuckled. "Come on, let me take you home so you can get ready."

I groaned, but I sat up anyway. "Okay."

He kissed my forehead and got off the bed and into the bathroom. I freshened up when he was done and he drove me home before returning his place to get ready himself.

When I got into my house, my mom was just about leaving for work.

"Morgan Nicole where have you been?" she asked.

"Aaron's," I shrugged, not bothering to lie to her. I'd made it clear where our relationship stood, and she couldn't tell me what to do anymore.

"You can't just stay out all night without telling anybody Morgan, with a boy no less," she scolded.

I scoffed. "I don't think I'm the one who needs a lecture on what I shouldn't be doing."

"Are you at least being safe?"

"What?!"

"Are you being safe Morgan," she repeated. "If you're going to be spending your nights wi-"

"Okay, stop," I told her, not wanting to be a part of this cringe-worthy conversation any longer. "Nothing like that is happening between Aaron and I."

Not that it's any of your business.

"Can I go get ready for school now?" I asked. "I don't need a talk."

I didn't wait for her to respond, I just turned around and walked away to my room. I took a shower and got ready as quickly as I could. I thought about Aaron as I did my hair in front of my mirror. Up until now I had been hesitant about going all the way with him but now I was pretty sure about it. I mean, he loved me, and I loved him probably more than anything right now. We'd gotten pretty handsy with each other, which I really didn't mind, but the next step scared the hell out of me. I'd probably just be an awkward mess and say or do something stupid.

I snapped out of my thoughts and finished styling my hair, before grabbing my keys and backpack. I decided to ditch my blazer because the weather had gotten much warmer now. I got to school a few minutes after first period had ended and wasted no time in getting out of my car. As I shut my door, a white convertible pulled up next to me. The engine stopped and Paige stepped out of the passenger side, leaving my blood boiling at the person who stepped out of the driver's.

"Oh hey Morgan, nice to see you still carry around some of my influence," Paige smirked, referring to how we both showed up late.

I paid no mind to her though, I was too busy glaring at the other person.

"You sick son of a bitch," I said to Cole. "Why are you even back after what you did?"

He feigned innocence. "Excuse me? You must have me confused with somebody else."

I shook my head. "Nope, I know a disgusting perv when I see one."

"Bold of you to assume your friend isn't just an easy slut," he said.

"What did you say?!" I exclaimed, attempting to walk around to meet him face-to-face. "You're a sorry excuse for a person you know."

Paige prevented me from going close to him. "Morgan, I know that you're crazy up there, but nobody wants a scene."