Chapter 16: Cloudy With A Hundred Percent Chance Of Bullshit

16. Cloudy With A Hundred Percent Chance Of Bullshit

I expressed my anger to Shannon in school the following Monday. We were walking down the hall to our next class and I was filling her in on what went on over the weekend, you know, the parts I forgot to include in our FaceTime chat.

I avoided my mom after that brunch. She was convinced I was just 'acting out' and that I'd eventually get over it, but I didn't see how I could just get over being exploited for her commercial gain. I probably wouldn't be this mad if I was working with someone else. But the fact that I had to see Josh Martin more than I would prefer alone got my blood boiling.

"Calm down," Shannon told me. "Deep breaths Morgan."

"I just wish I could disappear off the face of the earth," I sighed. "I mean, Josh, really? I could literally work with anyone other than him."

I wasn't looking where I was going and mistakenly bumped into someone, causing their books to fall on the ground.

"I'm sorry I-"

I stopped mid-sentence when I realized it was Paige, Macy and Sienna on her left.

I cleared my throat and picked up the two textbooks on the floor. "Sorry."

"Well well well Morgan," she sneered as she took them from me. "It's nice to see you. We haven't spoken since our last...encounter."

"How's that working out for you?" Macy smirked.

"You are a sad sad bunch," I retorted. "To think you'd pull such a stunt just because you don't like me."

"Don't take it personally Morgan, they don't like anybody," Shannon chuckled. "To be honest I'm quite surprised that they can stand themselves."

Macy rolled her eyes. "Very clever. How much effort did it take to come up with that one?"

"Not as much as what I'm putting in standing here talking to you," Shan replied with the most sarcastic smile ever.

"Can I just say-"

"Hold on," Shan said, interrupting Paige.

She put two fingers to her ear and rose her voice so that basically everyone who was walking past or standing around us could hear.

"This just in, following hurricane Paige. Today it is cloudy with a hundred percent chance of bullshit. Civilians may want to seek shelter as their brain cells are at risk."

I burst into laughter at her comment.

"Now you can say whatever, I just warned the public," she added.

Paige looked pissed and just scoffed, walking away.

"I'll just add Morgan, that it was quite surprising to see you all cozied up with Josh Martin on the internet," Macy said. She shot us one last venomous glare before following.

"Well hurry up Sienna," Shan said. "How are you going to let Paige leave without her shadow?"

Sienna rolled her eyes and walked away too.

"Take it easy on Sienna," I chuckled. "Something tells me she's not quite as brainwashed as we think."

"Until she detaches herself from that evil spawn's grip, I'll continue to assume that she's just as poisonous," Shan said.

I only smiled and shook my head.

"What do you think Macy meant by you being cozy with Josh?" she asked me.

I shrugged, pulling out my phone from my pocket. "I don't know."

I quickly searched news on both of us and I was once again punched in the stomach by the internet.