Ch.30 Dinner with the King's :D

**Chapter 30**

The loooong awaited chapter, here it is. :D 

Nicoletta lays on the Family Room couch watching Last Man Standing on Netflix when the doorbell rings. She sighs as she gets up off the couch and walks to the front door. She opens the door to see Jace shuffling his feet on the cement.

"Jace? What are you doing ringing the doorbell?" Jace never rings the doorbell anymore.

He looks over to his right and Nicoletta follows his gaze. Jace's dad and step mom stand on their porch watching them. Nicoletta knits her eyebrows together in puzzlement.

"What's going on?" Nicoletta asks him.

Jace bites his lip and Nicoletta wishes he doesn't.

"Do you want to come to dinner tonight? I mean at my house, with my parents?" He looks worried for some reason.

"You mean I actually get to sit down to a meal and meet your parents formally?"

"Yeah, I guess," He looks at his feet as he talks.

"Yeah, sure, I would love to, Jace."

He looks up and smiles at her. "Really?"

"Yeah, why not? It's about time I meet the family." She smiles at his worried expression.

"Okay, cool," He chuckles. "But I should warn you that in our house we dress really nice for dinner. Like super fancy."

"How fancy?"

"Like, do you have any black dresses?"

"I have two. One doesn't fit me right now with my belly and the other one I don't know."

"I would help you but I was instructed by my father to ask you then go right back to the house."

"So I just have to wear a real fancy dress?"

"Yeah, it will be at our house, I'll pick you up at 7:30. If you don't have anything real fancy then a nice dress will be fine." He looks worried again. "Okay, I'll see you later." Then he steps onto the sidewalk and walks back to his house.

Nicoletta shuts the door and smiles. Jace is adorable in every way possible. She still smiles to herself as she catches the time on the microwave, 5:20.

"Oh my gosh," She stammers and runs to the stairs. She goes up the stairs as fast as she possibly can while still being safe. "I have to get ready!" She says breathlessly to herself once at the top of the stairs.

Nicoletta flings open her closet door and rummages at the back where her dresses and skirts are hung. She pulls out the black dress and hopes it fits over her belly. Then she grabs a strapless bra and a pair of black heels. She throws the clothes on her bed and runs to the bathroom where she takes a five minute shower.

Nicoletta blow dries her hair and lets her natural curls go free after she puts anti-frizz in her hair. She puts black eyeliner on and gives herself the winged cat eye looks before she applies her mascara to her

..lashes. She looks at the clock, 6:04.

Nicoletta runs into Astrid as she exits the bathroom, nearly knocking them both over.

"Whoa, what's the rush?" Astrid asks after she regains her balance.

"I'm having dinner with Jace and his parents."

"Okay, do you have to go a million miles per hour though?"

"Yes, I have to look nice because they dress up for dinner and I'm freaking out because I haven't really met his parents before, only once when I ran into them the other day." Nicoletta spits out quickly.