Ch.31 Family and Friends

**Chapter 31**

"You're going to stay with the cat lady for a while, alright?" Delilah says to Aurora.

"Will we see you anymore?" Emmy asks from her wheelchair.

Delilah looks at her and kisses her forehead. "Yes, Emmy, I will see all three of you again. We still need to figure some things out so I'll be seeing a lot more of you." She smiles at the bandaged little girl. 

"Do I have to go back to school?" Emmy asks her, a worried look on her face.

Delilah crouches down so she is to Emmy's level. "Once you heal a bit better you will." She can see the hurt on her face.

"I don't want people to see me like this!" She cries.

"I know, but when you heal up no one will even know." Delilah tries, if anyone ever sees her feet though they will.

"Really?" She asks hopefully.

"Yeah. Besides, if anyone asks just remember that you will get all the attention. I know how you like attention." Delilah smiles at her and she smiles back.

"So they won't make fun of me then?"

"If they do you tell them you have a big sister who will tell their mom." Emmy's eyes widen.

"Really? You'd tell their moms?"

"Then you can tell the nice lady you are staying with and she will take care of it, okay?"

Emmy nods her head in understanding.

"You girls will be just fine, okay?" Delilah gulps as to not start crying for the hundredth time in two days. "You will be taken care of and loved. You will get a chance at all the childhood things that you were missing out on."

"Sorry to brake you up but it's time to go, they need to get settled into their new home." Detective Boston says.

Delilah looks at him then back at Emmy. "I love you girls." She says and kisses them all on the forehead and hugs them.

"I love you, too," Emmy says and wipes away a tear.

Dawn smiles a wide toothy grin at her and Delilah laughs. The little girl is always so cheerful.

"You have fun with the cat lady, alright, Aurora?" Delilah hugs her again.

"I will. I'll even show them who's who." Aurora says. "There's the orange fat cat named Fluffy, then a white cate named Sadie," Aurora says as Detective Boston wheels Emmy away to the black SUV.

Dawn giggles as she climbs into the big vehicle and Delilah watches all three girls disappear as the SUV drives away.

****************************************555********************************************

Kassidi sits on the swing and kicks the rocks under her feet as Tristyn does the same in the next swing over.

"So let me get this straight, Wyatt really is an asshole?" Tristyn says and looks at her.

Kassidi nods her head. It's Sunday, two days after she caught Wyatt having sex with some blond chick.

"What do you think he would do if he got the girl pregnant as well?" Kassidi asks curious. Then she could be like Nicoletta and Jessica and already have a sibling for her child.

"If he did somebody needs to put him on a leash." Tristyn says which makes Kassidi laugh.

"Yeah, someone does." She shakes her head. "But I'm okay now. I guess seeing him cheat on me shed light on all my questions of what's been going on with him."