Welcome to Republic City

Earth...Fire...Air...Water...When I was a boy, my Father, Avatar Aang, told me the story of how he and his friends heroically ended the Hundred Year War. Avatar Aang and Fire Lord Zuko transformed the Fire Nation Colonies into the United Republic of Nations. A society where Benders and Non-Benders from all over the world could live and thrive together in peace and harmony. They named the capital of this great land, Republic City. Avatar Aang accomplished many remarkable things in his life, but sadly, his time in this world came to an end. And, like the cycle of the seasons, the cycle of the Avatar began anew.

NO POV

Three men trudged through the barren snow of the South Pole. The cold was harsh, and they were covered by warm coats. The three men approached a hut, a large man was waiting for them, dressed in Southern Water Tribe robes, and holding a lantern. "The White Lotus has honoured my family by coming." The man, Tonraq, said. He bowed slightly, "Thank you." Tonraq opened the door to reveal his wife, Senna, sweeping the floor. She turned to the White Lotus members as they entered.

"Welcome." Senna greeted, bowing as well. She didn't notice the piece of artwork that fell from her wall.

"We have investigated many claims, both here and in the Northern Tribe." One White Lotus member, Porik, said, taking his hood off. "All have turned out to be false."

"Then you should be happy to know, your search has come to an end."

"What makes you so sure your daughter is the one?"

"Korra! Can you please come in here with Yunoh?" Senna called.

"Come on! Come on!" A tiny voice called. A dark-skinned, five-year-old girl was walking back into the room, tugging on the arm of a smaller girl with a similar skin tone.

"Korra!" The other girl complained. "Stop pulling my arm!"

"Show them! Show them!" Korra cheered, bouncing up and down. The other girl, Yunoh, rubbed her arm, pouting at Korra. Senna pulled Korra back and out of the way. Yunoh turned to the White Lotus members and bowed politely. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath. She slammed her foot into the ground, lifting a stone into the air, and with a punch, she sent it flying across the room. She jumped into the air and kicked, sending a wave of fire forward, which accidentally set fire to Porik's coat. Yunoh then twisted her hands, sending a tendril of water to extinguish it. She waved her hands once more and blew Porik's hair into crazy spikes. Yunoh stopped and took another deep breath. She bowed to the White Lotus members one last time, before straightening and breaking into a grin.

 She bowed to the White Lotus members one last time, before straightening and breaking into a grin

Kick, jab, jump, duck. My body moved seamlessly with the forms as my mind raced to keep up with my opponents. I blasted one of my opponents back, causing him to fly up onto the roof of the gazebo my mentors were waiting from. Another got blasted into the snow, and I knocked the next one into the last person, knocking them both down. I turned to my masters and bowed. "Woooh!" Korra cheered, jumping from her spot waiting and running over to me. Even after thirteen years, she was my biggest supporter. Korra glomped me in a hug. She turned to my unimpressed Masters. "Hey, why all the doom and gloom people?" Korra questioned. "We should be celebrating!" Korra squeezed me tight. "Yunoh's got three elements down, she's only got one more to go!"