A Leaf In The Wind

The next morning, everyone sat around the table eating breakfast, Korra's head shoved into the newspaper. During the press conference yesterday, I was barraged with a ton of more questions, and it was soon revealed that Korra was my sister. The two of us made the front page of the newspaper, and we seemed to be the talk of the town. "And in the final round, the Buzzard Wasps won with a decisive knockout." Korra stated. "Why do you say we go the Arena tonight, catch a few Pro Bending Matches?" Korra asked. She looked up at Tenzin hopefully.

"That sport is a mockery of the noble tradition of Bending." Tenzin stated.

"Come on, Tenzin, I've dreamed about seeing a Pro Bending match since I was a kid. And now I'm just a ferry ride away from the Arena."

"Korra, you're not here to watch that drivel. You're here to support Yunoh as she finishes her Avatar training. So, for the time being, I want you to remain on the Island, both of you."

"Is that why you're keeping White Lotus Sentries around to watch our every move?" I glanced up from my meal to see that, yes indeed, Tenzin had increased security around Air Temple Island and there were White Lotus Sentries in every corner of the room.

"Yes. In order for Yunoh to master Airbending, I believe she requires a calm, quiet environment, free from any distractions."

"Yunoh?" Korra asked, turning to me. I almost choked on my meal.

"Tenzin is the only Airbending Master in the world." I reminded her softly. "It's his decision on how I train." Korra huffed and turned to gaze out the window. I followed her line of sight. I know she wanted to go, and I was curious as to how a Pro-Bending match was actually played, but for now, my purpose was here, on Air Temple Island, training.

 I know she wanted to go, and I was curious as to how a Pro-Bending match was actually played, but for now, my purpose was here, on Air Temple Island, training

Right after breakfast, Korra had been whisked away by Tenzin's children to go play, leaving me to deal with the Airbending Master. Tenzin had me changed into traditional Air Bending robes to train. He led me through one of the many walkways towards the area where I would begin my training. "So, my mother informed me that you're able to do some basic Air Bending techniques." Tenzin said as we walked. I nodded.

"I can, but not much." I informed him. "I can create a current, but other than that, nothing."

"That's perfectly alright, we just need to be patient. Often, the Element that's most difficult for the Avatar to master is the one most opposite to the Avatar's personality. For Aang, it was Earthbending."

"That's the thing, Tenzin, Firebending was the hardest for me to learn, it took me longer to learn it than Waterbending or Earthbending. Airbending should come naturally to me."

"Let's begin your first lesson." Tenzin stated. I followed the tattooed man up a set of stairs to a large set of gates, with his children and my sister standing behind them. Jinora was standing calmly between her two siblings, Ikki jumping up and down clapping her hands while Meelo was waving like a madman. Korra stood to the side, her arms crossed as she watched the three Airbending children with a fond smirk.