───────── ღ 𝒜♥𝒮 ღ ─────────

As they went back inside, Sharanya thought she heard someone talking about them behind the big doors at the entrance. Stopping for a second, she gripped Aditya's hand as they heard the conversation.

"Apparently, Sharanya had some operation a month ago. Amrita did that anthe!"

"Amrita? But she's a gynecologist surgeon alwa?"

"I tell you, there's something wrong with Sharanya itself. God knows what all she did in Mumbai."

"You know, I also heard that both of them are living together in the same house."

"Yeah, I thought that at least he wasn't like this. But he turned out to be that spoiled NRI kid itself."

"Wait, they are living together? Then pakka something has happened between them, that's why the operation."

"Both are perfect for each other: one grew up outside, the other is an actress and her parents..."

Aditya couldn't tolerate anymore and stormed in, dragging an aghast Sharanya with him. However, before he could confront the ladies gossiping about them, Sneha had already taken it into her hands.

"Hi ladies," she said with a straight smile. "I know you have a lot to say about my kids. But, it wouldn't be of much use to you, or them and us. Plus, at the age of reading our holy texts, why are you wasting your time on others' lives?"

The women looked at her like deer caught in the headlights, because whatever Sneha said was right. Aditya felt proud of his mother for standing up against the wrong and felt truly blessed to such strong women like Sneha and Sharanya in his life.

"These may be your new gossip, but it neither defines me nor Sharanya. Especially Shar, you don't even know who she truly is," Aditya added on, looking over at her tear stricken face.

By this time, Vaibhav, Akansha, Rajesh, and Swarna had joined them. While Vaibhav was proud of his wife and son, Rajesh was fuming inside since the ladies were distant relatives of his family.

To add to Rajesh's fury, Sharanya blindly blurted something she was randomly thinking in terms of her future. "Anyway, I'm moving back to New York with Adi around November, after his research project finishes."

Everyone present there, including Aditya, was shocked at this revelation — specifically, Rajesh and Swarna. Vaibhav was indeed delighted since this meant he would get to spend more time with his elder daughter in person, not just on video calls.

A pregnant silence set in, until Anjali, oblivious to the situation, came over to call everyone for lunch.

───────── ღ 𝒜♥𝒮 ღ ─────────

After wrapping up the naming ceremony and helping clear up the venue, Sharanya and Aditya went back home. Throughout the ride, Aditya was extremely silent and Sharanya sensed it to be the calm before the storm.

Aditya went straight to his room without even talking to Sharanya, and she knew she had to do some serious damage control here. Hence, she made some tea for the both of them and took it to his room. She knocked a couple of times but Aditya didn't answer, so she opened the door slowly and saw that he was in the balcony.

Aditya had heard her footsteps, but he didn't react since he was upset about something that had happened at the naming ceremony. As Sharanya placed the mugs on the coffee table in front of the lounge chairs and turned to him, Aditya pulled her into a bear hug.