Chapter 36

Every night after the surgery, Aditya would visit Sharanya with their dinner — soup and some bland vegetables. This was a shocker to Sharanya as Aditya didn't have to eat the same food as her, but was willing to, despite how much he hated bland food.

"Why are you doing this to yourself?" she had asked on the very first day.

"Because I want to," he mumbled with a shrug.

Hence, it became their routine to spend an hour with each other, every day at dinner. After dinner, a nurse would come and give her her nightly dose that would take effect just as their hour came to an end.

Something had changed in Aditya since Sharanya's surgery, since he absolutely wouldn't leave Sharanya's room without kissing her on the forehead and whispering a quick 'I love you'. Though he was under the impression that she didn't hear it, Sharanya would have heard it since the drug hadn't fully kicked in yet.

───────── ღ 𝒜♥𝒮 ღ ─────────

A week later, Amrita and Dr Gupta declared that Sharanya was fit to go back home, but she had to rest a lot and stick to the diet plan. Since it was New Year's Eve, Sneha, Vaibhav, and Akansha thought that it would be nice if Sharanya and Aditya would go on a date. When proposed with this idea, Aditya brushed it off so that he could plan it the way he wanted it to be.

After a whole day of planning, Aditya went down to Anjali's house, where Sneha and Vaibhav had got Sharanya to straight from the hospital. As he entered his cousin's house, he was stunned to see everyone except Sharanya, his mother, and his sister lounging in the living room.

"Where's Shar?" he blurted out.

"She's getting ready," his dad said, getting a mere confused look on his son's face as a reply. "Don't ask me how your mom figured out what was going on in your brain. But, whatever it is that you've planned, she wanted Sharanya to look at least a little presentable..."

Aditya facepalmed himself, thinking about what might be going on in Sharanya's mind and how under prepared he was. Thinking something up quickly, he rushed downstairs to get the most important item needed for a date.

15 minutes later, Aditya came back and rang the door bell, patiently waiting with a bouquet of roses. Though he was ready for his family's teasing smiles at the door, he definitely wasn't ready to see his angel open the door. It was as if he had forgotten how to breathe for a second as a beautiful Sharanya stood in front of the open door.

Snapping out of his reverie, Aditya cleared his throat and handed the bouquet to Sharanya awkwardly. "These, umm, are for you," he mumbled, blushing ever so slightly.

"Thank you, they are really gorgeous."

Vaibhav came from behind Sharanya and placed her hand in his son's. "Have the best time of your life!" he whispered to his eldest daughter, ushering her off to an amazing night.

Sharanya was clueless since the moment she had got back from the hospital, but she could feel that something amazing was in store for her. Hence, she let Sneha and Akansha doll her up in a baby pink Chikankari kurti and white leggings. Trying to figure out what was going on, she stayed quiet in the elevator, making Aditya ever more anxious.

Stuffing his hands in his pockets, Aditya tried to go the small talk way. "You look beautiful."

"Thanks," Sharanya said with an awkward smile. A moment later, she couldn't tolerate the silence anymore and asked, "what in the world is going on, Adi?"

Aditya smiled nervously before rubbing his neck and murmuring, "I'm taking you out on a date..."

"I'm sorry, what? We are going where?"