Chapter 37

Anjali and Ashish had arranged for their daughter's naming ceremony about a month after Sharanya's surgery. Though she wanted to help around with everything, Anjali had ordered her not to do anything except help them with the baby.

During the time after her surgery, Sharanya had been spending a lot of time with her niece and she loved it. One could clearly see that the 3-month-old had a huge impact on Sharanya's mental health, something Siddhant was closely monitoring after the surgery. Though Aditya was happy with this progress, he couldn't get the thought of her complications out of his head.

January 24th was locked in for the naming ceremony by Ashish's parents and Sharanya was upset that she couldn't help with anything. On the day, Sharanya dressed up in a simple baby pink saree Anjali's mother-in-law had gifted, while Aditya wore a navy blue kurta set Ashish had picked out for him. Since Aditya had already left by the time Sharanya got out of the shower, neither of them could see each other's outfits before reaching the venue.

At the naming ceremony, there was a small ritual the parents had to perform before they could reveal their baby's name to the world. Just before Anjali and Ashish were to reveal their daughter's name to everyone present there, Anjali called Aditya and Sharanya on stage.

"And now, for the grand reveal," Ashish started. "Sharanya and Aditya, our daughter's godparents — her second parents, rather — please do the honors."

The confused duo went over to the board veiled by a purple cloth, contemplating on what their niece's name is and why they were asked to unveil the name. Sharanya took the right corner while Aditya left, and in one swift motion, they unveiled the name everyone anticipating to find out. Sharanya stared at the decorated board for a moment before looking over at Aditya, who mirrored her glassy eyes.

"It's only fair for her to be named Sharadhi after her second set of parents, who have done so much for her and us," Anjali said, smiling at her cousin and sister.

Ashish carried his daughter over to her godparents and handed her to Sharanya. Aditya hugged Sharanya sideways and kissed his niece's forehead while trying to control his tears.

"Sharadhi," Sharanya whispered, tears streaming down her face as she held the baby in her arms.

"An ocean of love, isn't she?" Aditya asked Sharanya, shifting his gaze from baby Shar to his Shar.

Sharanya smiled through her tears and pecked her godchild's sweet little fingers that were wrapped around hers. Finally, after their moment alone with Sharadhi, everyone swarmed around them like bees around a flower.

A few pictures later, Aditya excused himself and went out. Though he didn't specify the reason, Sharanya caught the whirlpool of emotions that was brewing inside him before he left. Handing Sharadhi over to Anjali, she followed Aditya out to the entrance.

Feeling Sharanya approach him, Aditya tried to wipe a solitary tear off sneakily, but his best friend had already caught his action. Sharanya stood next to him, gazing at him as he stared off into the distance.

"It's my endo, right?" she asked, shocking Aditya with the precision — though he was actually worried about something else.

Placing her hand on Aditya's hand, she whispered, "it's gone now. I'm getting better each day..."

Aditya hugged her, holding her close to him. It was as if she was his savior, the sole reason of his existence. "I love you. I really do... More than you know, more than I know. Heck, more than I have ever loved anything in my life! I don't think I'd live—"

Aditya's little rant was cut short by Sharanya's lips on his. After a short kiss, Sharanya placed her hands on either side of his face and her forehead touching his as she whispered, "I love you, just you."