Chapter 13

A few days after the snowstorm, it was Akansha's 13th birthday. Since she wanted to visit the temple, everyone in the Mohan Residence got ready by 9 am sharp.

Sharanya was doing Akansha's hair when she saw Aditya come down in a blue kurta (traditional "T-shirt" that Indians wear) and jeans. Although it was plain and simple, it still managed to take Sharanya's breath away. Shaking back her thoughts about a very hot Aditya, Sharanya finished up with Akansha's braid and went to pin her dupatta (veil) properly.

In the garage, Aditya rushed to hold the door for Akansha, accidentally stepping onto Sharanya's dupatta. After Akansha got in, he motioned Sharanya to get in.

"I definitely would, but I won't," she said sarcastically, crossing her arms over her chest.

"Why?" Aditya asked cluelessly.

"You are holding me back."

"No, I'm not!"

It wasn't until Sharanya looked down that Aditya realised he was holding her back by stepping onto her veil.

"Oh, sorry!" Aditya apologised as he dusted off the end of the veil. She laughed, shaking her head, as she sat inside the car.

∞AS∞

A couple days after December 9th, Sharanya was out with Sanjana for a girl's day out and had assigned Aditya to finish his presentation before she was back so that they could go to Chicago with Sneha, Vaibhav, and Akansha.

Sharanya got back at around 3 in the afternoon and was stunned to see Aditya in the living room, watching TV.

"Nav, what are you doing?" she asked as she took off her coat. Aditya just shrugged and got up.

"Acha (OK), did you finish your presentation that's due on the 27th? You better have mister! Cuz I swear you aren't coming with us to Chicago if you haven't," Sharanya rambled, but Aditya paid no heed and got out a couple suitcases from the room below the stairs.

"Shh, calm down Express Train! I have finished my presentation, but no, we aren't going to Chicago. In fact, they already left after you went with Sanjana," he said as he put Sharanya's suitcase on the coffee table.

"What? They left without me? And why aren't we going with them?"

"It's a surprise. Now, mom has already packed your stuff. Just check if you need anything else."

Confused, Sharanya checked her suitcase which had all her things. When she closed and zipped it, Aditya took it and made his way out. If Sharanya had an option, she would have stayed back, but considering Aditya Mohan, she had to go.

∞AS∞

Almost 5 hours later, Aditya and Sharanya landed in Fresno Yosemite International Airport as it was the quickest way to get to Yosemite National Park. Aditya was here for an annual getaway with his friends so his friends were waiting outside for him. Although Sharanya didn't know his friends, she came along with Aditya for his sake. Upon getting to the parking lot of the airport, Sharanya was stunned to see a familiar face among people she didn't know.

Aditya introduced Sharanya to his closest friends: Jennifer Williams and Jeremy Williams, aka the JWills, and Imran Abbas. He was going to introduce the last person to Sharanya but she beat him to it.

"Sharanya," the girl said.

"Sara," Sharanya greeted with a nod, matching the same tone as the other girl.