Chapter 7

Time flew by as Sharanya and Aditya looked at Sharanya's childhood photos and it was already time for Sharanya's lunch date with Aashna. Sharanya and Aditya left her grandparents' house and finally made it to Little Italy in Jayanagar seconds before the clock struck two.

"And you are not late!" Aashna said as she got up to greet Sharanya.

"I wish I could be late, but you know that I can't keep you waiting for too long," Sharanya said as she hugged Aashna.

"Aash, this is Adi, Aditya Mohan. And Adi, this is Aashna Shetty, my one and only Kamini aunty," Sharanya introduced.

"As if you aren't a Kamini aunty yourself," Aashna chided. She held out her hand to Aditya and introduced herself formally. "I'm Aashna, Sha's best friend, soul sister, mentor, disciple, and everything in between. Except well, we aren't romantically involved with each other. I've got a boyfriend in case you're wondering."

"Aashna! Would you mind sitting down? I'm literally starving," Sharanya said in a stern voice to avoid further embarrassment and all of them sat down.

"Shar, isn't she the one you were talking to that day?" Aditya asked as he remembered the day of the snowstorm.

"Yes, that was indeed me. By the way, you have a beautiful house," Aashna answered instead of Sharanya.

"Thanks, but we moved a couple years ago," Aditya replied, although feeling slightly out of place amidst two best friends.

"Aash, drop the act now. Adi, she isn't like this usually," Sharanya told Aditya before glaring at Aashna and hissing, "He isn't my fiance that you are interrogating him so much!"

"I? Interrogate? Sha, you OK? Aditya, what did she have for breakfast? I'm very concerned for her right now," Aashna asked out of fake concern.

"That's exactly what I was thinking! I mean, she drank tea with me. TEA!" Aditya acted along.

"Guys, I'm right here, you know," scoffed Sharanya as she flagged down a waiter. After placing their order, Aditya and Aashna started to talk about Sharanya and her antics while Sharanya sat in her seat and scowled at her two "best friends."

"Oh great! The food is here," Sharanya exclaimed in order to gain the attention of these two who were behaving like they were long lost friends who hadn't met in a long time. Although she was able to get their attention, it was only a couple of seconds before they went back to chatting among themselves.

Sharanya sat there, playing around with her food as she glared at the two chatterboxes. Since it was her idea to get Aditya along with her, she couldn't really blame anyone for this. Suddenly, while in the middle of a sentence, Sharanya saw Adi's fork make its way into her plate and grab a piece of the garlic cheese bread.

"Hey! Hands off my plate, Aditya Mohan!" Sharanya shouted. Instantly, Aditya and Aashna looked at her, with a smirk and a confused look on their respective faces. While Aditya smirked at Sharanya and she glared back at him, Aashna looked down at Sharanya's plate to see them fighting over the piece of cheese garlic bread with their forks. Since they hadn't been looking down, Aashna took the piece, broke it into two pieces and shoved it into both of their mouths.

"That's what you get for fighting over food. Aditya, there is another one in the basket if you want. And Sha, you weren't eating it either. But if you guys want to eat from each other's plates, I don't mind," Aashna teased with a smirk on her face as she saw a tint of red creep up on her best friend's cheeks as well as on Aditya's.

After a moment, Aditya cleared his throat and replied, "It's not like that. Sharanya wasn't eating, so I thought why waste food."

"I'll eat when I want and what I want," announced Sharanya curtly.