Chapter 25

In this whole chaos, Akansha had forgotten the very reason why she was there.

"Shoot! Guys, you make me forget everything," she complained.

"Well then, what were you here for?" Aditya asked.

"Ammi akka and everyone wanted all of you downstairs so that we can watch Sharu akka's promotional interviews!" Akansha squealed in excitement.

"Let's go then," Sharanya said.

"You kids continue, we'll join you later," Sneha said and Sharanya understood why.

"Kanchi, let's go," Sharanya instructed as she held Akansha's hand to go downstairs.

───────── 𝒜♥𝒮 ─────────

When they got downstairs, they found Amrita, Anjali, Akash, Meghana, and Ashish hogging all the couches, with only the single seater and the bean bag free. Akansha bolted across to the single seater the very instant her feet landed on the foot of the stairs, leaving Sharanya and Aditya the only choice of a slightly worn out bean bag.

Sharanya looked at Aditya with a tinge of shyness in her eyes while he was grinning like a child left free in a toy store. When his eyes met Sharanya's shy ones, his grin turned into an assuring smile as he blinked his eyes.

Aditya sat down on the bean bag first and Sharanya sat next to him with very little gap between them. However, she later realised it was because Aditya was sitting on the edge, hence he was falling down every-so-often.

Sharanya scoffed and snaked Aditya's hand around her waist, so that he could grip onto it and not fall down. Aditya smirked and pulled her closer to his chest, slightly nuzzling against the crook of her neck. This sudden proximity between them made Sharanya somewhat conscious about her surroundings and her breathing shallow.

No matter how much she tried, Sharanya couldn't let their intimacy not distract her. However, she did feel at home and peaceful in Aditya's arms that her arms were wrapped around his, and her cool body snuggled in closer to Aditya's warm one.

Although the others in the room had noticed everything, they hadn't pointed it out or commented on it as it would've embarrassed Sharanya and Aditya. Another thought would ve that they were going to make it a point of embarrassment in the future, or they were genuinely happy to see these two finally come together as a couple.

───────── 𝒜♥𝒮 ─────────

While the youngsters were busy binge watching Sharanya's interviews, Geetha had asked one of them to go and call Sneha and Vaibhav for dinner. When she came back to check, she was furious to see everyone rooted in the places she last saw them.

Sharanya saw the look on Geetha's face and knew that no one could save her gang except for her. So, she made an excuse of using the washroom and went to talk to Geetha.

"Geetha aunty, I'm sorry," she apologised sincerely.

"OK, first off, it's not your fault. Second, stop calling me aunty! I'm no aunty of yours. When you can call Sneha akka Mom, then why can't you call me Chikkamma or something?" the lady scolded.

"I was just about to ask you if I can call you Chikki," Sharanya mumbled as she made the perfect puppy-pout ever.

"Sure you can! Now, can you please go get Sneha akka and Vaibhav bhava for me?"