Chapter 31

The next few days went by with Aditya helping Sharanya review for her Physics exam. Since it was on the Wednesday after the long weekend, Sharanya stayed over at Geetha and Manish's house.

"Take this," Geetha said as she fed a piece of sweet to Sharanya. "All the best!"

"Thank you!" Sharanya pecked Geetha's cheek before touching her feet to take her blessings.

"Namagu namaskara maadu! (Take our blessings too!)" Meghana teased as she came down.

"Yeah, come. I'll do that right now," Sharanya said sarcastically.

"Of course. After all, I'm dropping you."

"FYI, my brother's dropping me."

As if on cue, Akash honked from his car, making Sharanya and Meghana rush out, but not before waving at Geetha.

"Sorry, we're late," Meghana said as she got into the passenger seat.

"Because someone insisted that I take their blessings!" Sharanya taunted from the back seat as Akash chuckled.

"OK, now listen. You got this. Don't panic that it's Physics," advised Aditya.

"Yes, mother!" deadpanned Sharanya.

Everyone in the car started laughing at this as Akash drove through the morning traffic of Bengaluru. Aditya slid his hand over Sharanya's and held it softly, making Sharanya jerk her head towards him. With a small smirk on his face, Aditya shifted closer to Sharanya.

Placing a feathery kiss on her hand, Aditya whispered, "You got this, Shar. All the best!"

Just then, the car came to a rolling stop in front of Sharanya's college. Meghana and Akash wished her as she got out. With one quick glance at Aditya, Sharanya made her way inside to give the last Physics exam in her life.

───────── ღ 𝒜♥𝒮 ღ ─────────

It was almost 1 pm when Sharanya came out of the examination hall. Instead of waiting for her friends and going out for lunch with them, Sharanya headed straight for home. Well, she went over to Anjali's.

"Hey! How was the paper?" Anjali asked as Sharanya took off her shoes.

"I think I've done well," Sharanya replied before she went to freshen up.

By the time Sharanya had freshened up, Anjali had heated up lunch and was serving it when Sharanya came back.

"So, what's next?" Anjali asked.

"Nothing. Just classes from next week. But I'm thinking of starting with some sketches for the graduate showcase," Sharanya said as she served herself some rice.

As she had planned it, Sharanya went home and got her sketchbook, laptop, and her artist box after lunch. The next couple of hours went by with Sharanya trying to sketch something using her Pinterest inspiration board. However, nothing seemed to be good enough or interesting enough to be a part of her collection. Thinking of the Mohans, she found herself searching for Sneha and Vaibhav's pictures in Indian wear.

Just as she was looking at her old pictures with the Mohans, the doorbell rang and Aditya's voice echoed through the house. Tiptoeing to the door frame, she peeked out to see if Aditya was really there. When she found him standing by the shoe rack, taking off his shoes, she ran to him with a wide grin on her face.

Aditya had just turned around when he saw Sharanya's bright face coming his way. He understood that she had done well in her exam, so he lifted her up and twirled her around as she jumped right into his arms.