Chapter 33

A couple of days later, Sharanya and Aditya were waiting outside the airport arrivals area to get Sneha, Vaibhav, and Akansha. The plan was to drop them off at Geetha's house so that Sharanya and Aditya could get the penthouse ready before their family came over to stay at Anjali's in a week.

"Sharu Akka!" an excited Akansha squealed as she raced to her favorite person ever.

"Baby!"

Sharanya hugged Akansha and twirled her around as Sneha and Vaibhav came over. Aditya hugged his parents first before taking the luggage cart from his dad.

"Hey, we're here too," Sneha teased the 'sister' duo.

Her two daughters laughed at her comment before giving her a group hug. Vaibhav and Aditya shook their heads before squeezing into their lovely women gang.

"Guys, we better leave," Aditya said after what seemed like an eternity.

"Yeah, we should get going. Otherwise, Geetha Chikki will be really mad at you guys..."

───────── ღ 𝒜♥𝒮 ღ ─────────

After dropping Sneha and Vaibhav at Geetha's house, much to their surprise, Aditya, Akansha, and Sharanya left for Sharanya's house. On the way up to her flat, Sharanya silently asked Aditya whether they should tell Akansha about their penthouse secret.

"I told you I'd be happy at Chikki's house. Now don't blame me that I'm being a third wheel here," Akansha said, her back facing her lovestruck elder siblings.

"N–No, it's it's not that," Sharanya stammered as she tucked a strand of hair behind her ear.

"Tsk tsk tsk... Excuses, excuses."

"What'd you say?" Aditya teased as he tickled his sister and her giggles echoed through the elevator.

"Continue this inside," Sharanya chuckled as they got to their floor.

"But seriously, you could've let me stay back with mom and dad."

Sharanya sighed and cupped Akansha's face. "No, I miss my sister way too much to let her be away from me any longer."

Akansha stood on her tiptoes to reach Sharanya's ear, but she was too short. Sharanya picked her up and placed her on the backboard of the couch.

"So like sister sleepover?" Akansha whispered.

"More like, girls week in," Sharanya said with a mischievous glint in her eye.

"Looks like I'm the third wheel here," Aditya grumbled, sitting on the couch with his back to the duo.

Sharing a look, Sharanya and Akansha awed before they surprise-hugged Aditya from behind. Squirming, but actually enjoying the attention, Aditya tried to wriggle out of his ladies' hold. However, they tightened their hold on him, so he had to give up at the end.

"I hate you both," he deadpanned, pecking both their heads.

"We love you too!" the sisters said in unison.

───────── ღ 𝒜♥𝒮 ღ ─────────

That night, Sharanya and Akansha had planned to bake something together in order to celebrate Akansha's 14th birthday which was a week ago, and spend some time with each other. After almost two hours, the two sisters had baked 2 batches of Akansha's favorite fruit cake. Since they planned on a sleepover — more like, no-sleeping sleepover — Sharanya had Akansha run down to Anjali's and Amrita's with one cake.