Chapter 28

The next day, Sharanya was up at 4 am as she was helping Meghana get ready for her big day. Since Meghana had her photoshoot immediately after getting ready, Sharanya quickly got ready along with her in a light cyan saree with mini baby pink and light green embroidered flowers scattered over the 6 yards fabric. To finish up the already beautiful look, Sharanya braided her hair and did a shimmery pink eyeshadow with a subtle wing eyeliner before applying her all-time favorite pink lip cream.

On the other side of the resort, Aditya had just woken up at around 5 in the morning and got ready swiftly in his blue kurta and washed-out jeans. There was still a little time left for the sunrise, so he decided to go up to the terrace after Akash woke up.

Meghana was all ready around 5:40 and she was headed to the terrace with Sharanya in tow for her photoshoot. This was when Sharanya saw Aditya heading the same way too. Knowing that Aditya wouldn't have had his morning tea yet and also his mood if he didn't get it within an hour of waking up, Sharanya excused herself and went to get Aditya's tea and her coffee.

As the first rays of sunlight peeked above the horizon, Sharanya placed the cup of tea on the ledge in front of Aditya. When he turned to look at her, he was stunned to see a beautiful Sharanya looking more than just beautiful as the first rays of sun graced her face.

Meghana was standing a few feet away and had called Sharanya for a photo, but she had denied. Taking this moment of distraction, Aditya had slyly clicked a picture of Sharanya in the early morning sunlight which made her look divine and angelic.

"Finish your tea," Sharanya mumbled as she turned to leave.

"Then maybe you should accompany me with your coffee," Aditya replied, handing her the cup of coffee she had left on the ledge.

Sharanya looked at Aditya for a moment before taking the cup of coffee from him. The next few minutes went by in silence, apart from the chirps of the birds, as they had their respective beverages. Although there had been a lot of tensions between the two, these few minutes of silence together felt more comforting than awkward.

───────── ღ 𝒜♥𝒮 ღ ─────────

A few hours later, the 'MeghAsh' wedding was already underway and as the main event happened, Sharanya couldn't help but think of her moment with Aditya that morning and imagine them in place of Meghana and Aditya.

A few minutes later, Sharanya felt suffocated by her thoughts and the events happening around her. Hence, she went to her room, making an excuse of getting something important for the next ritual of the wedding. As she passed by Aashna to get to her room, there were tears in her eyes that only a best friend could spot before she felt them forming.

Aashna followed Sharanya to her room and the moment she entered Sharanya's room, she saw her best friend slump onto the bed and break down.

"Aashu, why can't I stop thinking about him? Why can't I stop imagining us in place of Megha and Akash, getting married? Why can't I stop calling his family as mine when I don't have the right to? I don't want to give myself false hope on us unnecessarily, but I just can't stop..." Sharanya sobbed.

Aashna let Sharanya cry her heart out and started thinking of a way to get Sharanya and Aditya together. However, she wouldn't have to do much as Rajesh had heard his daughter's thoughts from outside the door.

Rajesh was extremely furious about what Sharanya had said and was about to go in to scold her when his brother and Amrutha's father, Ramesh, came to talk to him.

"Listen, the guy's family just called back. They said yes, but since he lives in Australia, they want Ammu to go there and see how she feels about moving there after marriage," Ramesh said.