𝘦𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯

"You look to be in a good mood," Professor Snape told her

Professor Snape told her. His voice was surprised to say the least.

"Want to know all the details, Snape?" she wiggled her eyebrows.

He stared at her, "I'd rather not."

"Oh please! It's all in your face. You want to gossip!" she exclaimed.

The corner of Snape's mouth twitched up which made Y/N happy. She didn't see Severus in that way but ever since she was a student, she could tell how lonely he was. (respectfully)

She wasn't being a friend to him out of pity but more because she understood what he was going through. It had been a rumor that Snape was bullied when he was a student. Among some other traumatic life events, it was said that those things had made him the harsh and closed off person he was. It was only a rumor though, but Y/N couldn't help but think there was truth to it.

Before she had gotten her acceptance letter to Hogwarts, she was bullied in school. She was seen as weird because she was quiet and therefore a "teachers pet" or a "freak." Because of this, she didn't have many friends.

Her first year of Hogwarts, she was expecting to have a different change in environment. That wasn't the case. A group of Slytherins had made fun of her because of the robes she was wearing. That soon stopped as soon as she met Nova and Charlie. Not only did they defend her, but they taught her how to stand up for herself and become a better person.

"So I went on a date the other day!" she gushed quietly. She knew that he knew who the mystery person was and didn't bother trying to hide it. Besides, she knew he wasn't to open his mouth.

"Is that what's made you so happy?" he asked. She nodded enthusiastically. "Oh absolutely. I've finally decided on just living life to the fullest," she added.

"I'm glad you enjoyed yourself, Professor," he said honestly.

Remus had just sat down and glared at the pair who was talking without either of them knowing. He was disappointed in himself that he was acting like such a school boy kid who had a crush on the prettiest girl at school. When she finally turned back, he wasn't quick enough in changing his facial expression and she saw.

"What's wrong?" she whispered to him and moved her chair closer to his. He shook his head, "I'll tell you later, love," he forced a smile. Her heart sped up at the prospect of him being mad at her yet again. Under the table, she grabbed his hand and entwined their fingers.

Remus beamed at the action and moved their hands so they were resting comfortably on her lap.

Sprout and McGonagall looked at them before they looked at each other and nodded knowingly.