𝘧𝘰𝘶𝘳

disclaimer !! this story doesn't stick to the movie plots

disclaimer !! this story doesn't stick to the movie plots. kinda just doing my own thing :)

Y/N hated her sleeping schedule.

There were nights where she couldn't sleep whatsoever, days where all she wanted to do was sleep and then there were days she simply woke up way too early. Unfortunately, the last of the three was the situation she found herself in.

It was only 5:30 in the morning- a full two hours before she had to wake up. On the not so bright side, they would start serving breakfast in the Great Hall in 30 minutes. It would be the first time in all her time she spent here as both a student and instructor that she would eat this early.

Y/N made a coffee, this time iced, and sat down on her bed. It had been way too long since she'd last written in her journal. She had kept this journal since she was 13 years old and she wrote in it whenever something monumental, exciting or upsetting happened in her life.

She definitely saw working at Hogwarts as monumental so she wrote about it.

Once she closed her journal, she shoved it back in her suitcase. She was always paranoid about someone finding it and reading the most intimate piece of her life so she took extra steps in making sure it was hidden properly.

Finally happy with where she put it, she jumped into the shower that was in her room. The young professor dressed in black dress pants, a dark orange knitted jumper that complimented her skin beautifully and her black boots. It was still very early so she decided against putting on her robes. Such formal wear wasn't enforced so early in the day.

She looked at herself in the mirror and nodded in approval. She found it amusing how she practically dressed like the teenage girls here and not like the rest of the professors; dull and old looking- respectfully. Thankfully, the dress code wasn't too strict.

After putting on her usual light makeup, it was already after 6 so she went down to the hall, happy to stuff her face with delicious food.

Y/N entered the hall and saw there were few students at each table which she totally expected. Who would willingly wake up this early? There were the same exact options of food for the later hours of breakfast.

When she was last a student here, they were required to sit with their respective house table at each meal. Now, the only meal the students sat with their fellow housemates was at dinner.

This freedom would surely have a positive impact on the students and would allow them to make friends outside their houses. It was nice knowing that Dumbledore had the interests of the students at heart.