(STC) Chapter 27: [... Is Gone]

Start from the beginning

I was astounded by his silliness. Everything about him seemed childish and out of place. He was wearing a dress shirt, dress pants, and all of the necessities of formal attire. His tie was a little loose on one end, hanging flaccidly on one side, and the hem of his suit looked mangled. A set of sliver horns sprouted from his head through a dome of black hair - which had a loose end. A long tail with spikes protruding from the end was on the floor being dragged behind him.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" He asked.

I pointed at his tail.

"Oh." He lifted his tail off the ground and watched it wag up and down while he was holding the little pigeon I his arms.

"And your tie needs to be fixed." I added.

"Aw man." He placed the pigeon back down on the ground before fixing his tie.

"And your suit is a little..." I pointed at the hem of his suit.

"I really hate suits and ties." He groaned as he finally fixed his outfit, straightening his tie and his suit.

I watched him pick up the pigeon again. He picked it up and placed his palms underneath its feet. The pigeon jumped off, landed on the ground and hopped back to its friends.

"How do manage to pick up a pigeon without squeezing it to death?" I asked out of curiosity.

"I have softish hands... I think. Are they?" He abruptly shot his hand at me.

"Keep your hands to yourself."  I replied as I moved a little bit back on my seat. "Also, answer my question."

He put his hand to his side. "I'm not so sure how to explain it. You have to be slow and not scary at a pigeon. You can't expect to teach someone if you're a meanie right?"

"Right..." I respond indifferently.

"You see that one right there?" He pointed at a baby pigeon. "Those are the easiest to catch. Bigger ones are too much of a problem and we don't have big enough arms."

"I can tell." I replied.

Everything about his seemed odd and ordinary. He lacked class and he certainly didn't care enough about his appearance. Plus he looked like a Draco, I never seen many in my life. He snapped his fingers to get me out of my trance.

"You okay?" He asked.

"I'm... fine." I replied. "I'm fine. Run along now."

After a few seconds of silence he spoke up.

"You don't look too fine." He asserted.

"Are you questioning me?" I remarked,

"I dunno...  you seem really bored though." He pointed at the bench I was sitting on. "You must have been sitting there for a long time."

"Have you been watching me?"

"No, I'm just guessing." He flinched. "You have your head down, you've been looking at me like I'm from a far away land, you've been staring at the pigeons and you're sitting by yourself. Everyone else here is having fun one way or another." 

"What are you trying to get at?" I gritted my teeth, this kid was incredibly annoying.

"I'd guess that you're not from Ursus." He said. "Us Dracos are a rarity after all."

"How do you know I am a Draco?" I questioned.

"You don't have horns that go down or spiral. The only other dragons here are Voivures and a few Lungs, but most of them are from either Victoria or Yen."