Chapter 36: "Rend the Clouds Asunder..."

Onward!
-

"Kaiser Rye had intentionally freed two inmates from Lungmen Prison, assisted the Reunion assault and retreat, and resisted arrest. However, under a special set of circumstances, the L.G.D has postponed the punishment for his crimes. Now he must return to Lungmen to change the terms of his contract with Wei Yenwu -but we can do that here."

The Rhodes Island land-ship had docked at one of Lungmen's many piers in order to resupply, and rest of the operators onboard are either doing their daily tasks. In a closed room however,  Lungmen Superintendent Ch'en sat in front of Kaiser Rye who was currently in handcuffs. Amiya and Dr. Kal'tsit were also in the room. They spent the past thirty minutes prying into the Draco's head hoping scrap away any bit of information they can get.  Ch'en just read over a classified file to the Draco who sat with his hands clumped together. 

"It will be very hard for you to show your face in Lungmen after everything you've done," Ch'en stated. "Your appearance is more than enough to cause tension amongst their ranks."

Kaiser Rye looked at her with a bored face. "What are my options?" He asked.

"Help us fight the Reunion. You were their Second-in-command, so you should be able to predict their movements so we can counter them and catch them off guard."

Those words stirred up mixed emotions inside his chest. Ch'en expected his reaction, as he was the Reunion's Former Second in Command. Amiya and Kal'tsit patiently waited for his answer. 

"I can help you," The Draco said. "-but I can't guarantee that I'll follow through with everything."

"Why is that?" Ch'en inquired.

"I know their leaders personally, and it will be very hard fighting my former allies."

"You have not shown who your allies are. First you help the Reunion escape from Lungmen, and then you fight against them with Rhodes Island. You've switched sides twice in the short amount of time we've worked together. Who's side are you on?"

"My own."

"You're standing in no man's land Kaiser Rye. Pick a side."

"I've always been on the losing one."

His words shocked Ch'en even more so Amiya and Kal'tsit. Ch'en immediately glared at him, but a sign of curiosity was also planted on her face. An eerie silence filled the air around them. Amiya looked at Kal'tsit before she decided to speak up.

 "Kaiser Rye, your knowledge of the Reunion is extremely valuable to us. You held a high position amongst their ranks, and you certainly know more than any of our specialists," She said.

"That's obvious," Kaiser Rye remarked. 

"I know that it will be difficult for you to turn against your former brothers-in-arms. We're not asking you to kill them as that will only add to our list of problems, we're asking you to help us prevent future conflict. Maybe there is a way to end this conflict without bloodshed."

"Maybe..."

"So are you willing to help us?"

"Are there any other options?"

He looked at all three individuals standing around him. He gave out a deep sigh as he stretched the handcuffs on his wrists to the limit and infused his Arts into his hands; white light pulsed through his veins until it reached the steel of the chains. Within seconds, the energy shattered the chains into dust freeing the Draco's hands. Ch'en, Amiya and Kal'tsit all watched intently as he went through the entire process.

"I'll help you," He said. "Don't hesitate to stop me."

"Why?" Amiya questioned as he slowly walked to the door.