(OLD) Chapter 9: "What Defines A Patriot?"

=====

This Chapter is now old and obsolete.

The information in this chapter may or may not be relevant to the story anymore.

If you wish to read on, be my guest - I cannot stop you.

I'm going to be rewriting and replacing older chapters.

======

What defines a forgotten hero?

What defines a lost soul?

They both have their tales of woe.

They both failed to reach their goal.

Kaiser Rye and Patriot stand across from each other. The L.G.D and Patriot's Guerilla Squad are currently engaged in bloody combat. The streets are stained with the blood of both sides. Debris covered the bodies of the weak.

"Patriot call off the attack." Kaiser Rye urged as he drew his shield.

"I'm sorry Kaiser Rye." Patriot states as the two of them enter their battle stances. "But I can't. Not, now."

"Why did it have to come to this?" Rye asked as the two of them charged at each other.

Patriot thrusts his spear at Rye, but he dodged it at the last second. Rye jumps on Patriot's shield and strikes him with an Arts attack. Patriot jumps up and knocks Rye out of the air.

Rye landed on the ground. Patriot proceeded to strike with his spear. Rye casted a spell which deflected the spear strike, but Patriot counterattacked.

SMASH!*

Patriot's shield hit the ground sending Rye flying. Rye regained his footing and charged. Rye pressed a button on his shield which revealed four blades protruding from the sides of the shield. He swung the shield at Patriot and used his speed to dodge his attacks.

"You have changed your combat style." Patriot acknowledged. He blocked Rye's attack and flipped him over.

"I sure did." Rye commented as he launched another Arts attack. Patriot effortlessly blocked the attack.

"You didn't change your Arts style, however." Patriot charged forward using his spear to impale Rye.

Kaiser Rye dodged the attack, but Patriot swung his spear sideways forcing him to block it with his shield. The two of them exchanged attacks for a long time.

Patriot thrusts his spear at Rye who evaded it with a barrel roll. Rye used his Arts to knock Patriot back a little.

"You're, holding back, Kaiser Rye." Patriot states as Rye jumped on top of his shield.

"So are you." Rye noted as he tried to grab hold of the spear beneath him.

"You have gone soft, these past few years." Patriot states as he shakes him off. "You were known as the Kaiser in your squad."

"I left a long time ago." Rye states as they continued to clash.

"And you left behind, a devil." Patriot states with venom in his voice. "Talulah, has changed for the worst."

"I know that!" Rye blocks shield attack, but Patriot's prowess sent him flying backwards.

"And what are you doing to stop her?" Patriot questions as he charged forward.