Chapter 35

I started by pulling up the schematics of the entire compound to see what I was working with. It was the day shift so I knew the place was packed with psychiatrists, orderlies, and other personnel. Good. They had put us all through enough hell, it was their turn. My fingers flew across the keys as I quietly initiated lock down procedures which locked all entrances and exits with triple deadbolts. No one was getting in or out. For now. 

Then I started looking at the different cell blocks. Minimum security was filled with people who were actually mentally unstable but mostly harmless. I quickly scanned the files of the personnel working that ward and saw that they were mostly people fresh out of residency or low paid orderlies. I locked down the whole ward, making it impossible for anyone to get in. They didn't need to be involved in this.

I moved on to the medium and maximum security wards. That's where the fun ones were located. I recognized some of the patients names as I quickly scrolled through the intake logs. I decided they would do. I started in medium security. I pulled up a security feed of the block of about twenty cells and started working my magic. An alarm started going off followed by the hiss of all the cell doors opening at once. I watched as the patients slowly started emerging from their cells and looking around. I hacked the intercom system and began speaking,

"Attention inmates. Your cells have been permanently unlocked. You are free to do as you please. Doors between wards will remain open ensuring your freedom to roam and collaborate as you see fit....Or maybe seek out one of your favorite staff members who have been a part of your stay."

I snickered as I saw the looks flash across some of the inmates faces. I repeated the process with the maximum security ward and as promised made sure the ward doors remained open. I stared at a couple feeds for a while, just watching the chaos unfold. Right now the inmates were sloppy and unorganized in their mayhem. I tsked, that wouldn't do. I pulled up the list of inmates that were located in the underground unit that Daddy had been kept in. The unit currently housed six inmates out of the ten it could. I looked at the list and my eyes landed on one name; Deadshot.

Huh. I thought he was at Belle Reve.

Well lucky for us he's not. Spring him!

I'm working on it!

I quickly hacked into the lone security camera located by the elevator to the unit. Lucky for me, Deadshot was located near the elevator so I could see his cell. I leaned back in my chair before I turned the intercom system on. 

"Yo Floyd!"

His head snapped up to look at where the voice was coming from.

"You won't be able to find me because I'm not there Floyd but I do have a proposition for you." I said silkily.

His brow furrowed but he nodded,

"Go on."

"It seems the inmates upstairs have all mysteriously had their cells opened and are causing quite the ruckus. But it's unorganized and frankly quite sad to watch. They need someone to help them...redirect their behavior to a more conducive plan."

"What's that got to do with me?" he said suspiciously.

"Why that's where you come in! I'll let you out of that cell your stuck in and you can go help the misguided masses refine their approach. It might even give you a chance to sneak away!" I replied smiling gleefully.

He was silent for a moment before he looked straight at the camera and spoke,

"And whats in it for you?"

"I get to watch that sorry place burn from the inside out." I growled, "Now hurry up and decide. I don't have all day."

It only took him a moment to nod his acceptance. I smirked and set to work dismantling the locking mechanism. It seemed the facility didn't have time to make repairs or upgrades after the multiple breakouts so my job was made much easier. After I unlocked his cell I opened the elevator for him and sent him up. I pulled up the camera on the other side of the elevator and watched him exit.