Chapter 4

Once in the garage we piled into the back of a black SUV, followed by a group of goons who didn't bat an eye at my attire. I'm guessing they'd been briefed on my punishment and to just roll with it. J kept me in his lap the whole ride to the warehouse where he was meeting a gun shipment that had just arrived. I also heard something about drugs as well but I was caught up  in fantasizing about all the pretty guns there would be. Living with the Joker, one of the first things you learn is a hearty appreciation for guns and explosives. I wasn't exactly sure why I had to come to this considering he'd be focused on inspecting the merchandise and not humiliating me.

I was wrong about the humiliation part.

As soon as we got out of the car we were greeted by at least five of his business associates who all stared at me in a mixture of fascination and disgust. I even saw one try to subtly adjust himself in his pants and give me an appraising look. Seeing this, I whimpered loudly and silently begged for J to pick me up. He looked at me with slight surprise but complyed and made a shushing noise in my ear, noting the fear in my eyes. He then glared at the men assembled in front of him.

"Which one of you scared my baby?" he growled out menacingly.

The five men looked at him in fear, all swearing they hadn't done anything and pleading to just get on with business. However, J wasn't letting it go.

"Fine, we'll do this the hard way," he said darkly.

Turning his head to the side he asked me in a much gentler voice,

"Which one of them scared you my little Firecracker?"

I peeked out from where I had buried my head in his shoulder, I knew what was going to happen to the bastard so I pointed at my chest and looked at him with curious eyes. He cackled, throwing his head back but nodded.

"Sure princess, go ahead"

In one fluid motion he shifted me to the side as I pulled a gun from his shoulder holster and shot the asshole right between the eyes. I slotted the gun back in his holster and reburied my head in J's shoulder. I still didn't want to see the other men staring at me. It felt great to shoot that motherfucker in the head but that didn't erase the embarrassment I felt.

"Well now that that's taken care of, shall we proceed?" J asked while stepping over the corpse like nothing had happened.

Everyone hurried after him into the warehouse where the inspection began. J held me to his hip most of the time. If he had to inspect something more closely, he would nonchalantly hand me over to Frost who would hold me till J was done. Every time Frost was holding me, I glared at him trying to silently communicate with him since the pacifier was still strapped in my mouth. He would just shake his head and look away from me. The longer I was ignored the more petulant I became, starting to feel like the spoiled child I was dressed as.

I tried to reach towards a pretty purple pistol I saw in the shipment only for J to grab my hand and smack it like I was an actual child.

"Those are for the grownups to touch, you're too little"

I could feel my spitfire temper raising along with my hackles but I knew I had to be smart. If I embarrassed J in front of his business partners again he'd shoot me point blank to prove a point. Well, I had a point to prove as well so I bid my time.

I thought the universe had smiled down upon me when after J left to see his business partners off, and Frost was called to deal with something. He handed me off to a random goon.

"Watch her or its your head"

The goon nodded and gulped. He looked at me and his eyes still held a little fear of me. Good. I slowly reached behind my head while staring him directly in the eyes, undoing the buckle that held the pacifier in place. Once the strap was undone I popped it out of my mouth.

"My Daddy said I could go play with the guns once everyone left, can you take me to play?" I said in my most innocent voice.

"Uh I don't think...."

I grabbed his face and squeezed, easily deducing he was newer.

"Do you want my Daddy to be mad that you didn't let me play like he said I could?"

"Well no...."

I smiled victoriously,

"Then take me to play"

He carried me back to the unloading bay where the crates of guns were still sitting. Knowing my time was limited, I jumped out of the goons arms and started searching for my treasures. I smiled with joy when I spotted the pretty purple gun I liked earlier. Just as I picked it up, I heard an unmistakable voice;

"YOU WHAT?"

"Damn, can't even enjoy the treasures." I said, sighing.

I quickly ducked between the crates and started crawling along the grimy floors on my hands and knees. I stuffed the pistol behind the bow on the back of my dress and kept crawling. Having memorized what was in every crate, I stealthily started collecting my horde of weapons. The sailor dress surprisingly had a lot of places to stick firearms. I'd have to remember that.

By this time J had stormed back into the unloading bay, shooting the goon without a word.

"You are in so much trouble babygirl," he growled, his tone raising the hairs on the back of my neck. "Daddy doesn't have time to play hide and seek so you have five seconds to come out. I suggest you listen."

I pondered it for a second but there was one more piece I wanted. It was a gold plated revolver with a leather grip that I just knew would fit perfectly in my hand. Plus the crate so close to where I was I couldn't resist the temptation. I slowly started moving towards the crate, knowing I had to be extra careful now.

"You're five seconds are up. Here I come." he sneered mockingly.

I started crawling faster, I had almost made it to the crate when I was abruptly pulled back by one of my pig tails. I let out a yelp and looked up into the murderous face of my Daddy. I smiled sweetly,

"Hi Daddy, I was just playing."

He pulled me to my feet by my hair making me wince but I didn't cry out like I knew he wanted.

"Unload everything you took and then we're going home." he said in an emotionless voice.

I sighed but complyed. I saw a hint of pride in his face as I took out three pistols, two revolvers, and a switchblade from various hidden pockets of my dress. I looked up at him to show I was done. He raised a nonexistent eyebrow and I huffed. I bent down and pulled out a penknife and a butterfly knife from my socks.

"The purple pistol too."

"But Daddy-"

"NOW!"

I sadly pulled the pistol from its hiding place and put it in his outstretched hand. He immediately used it to pistol whip me across the face. I spat out blood onto the floor and looked into his eyes. He looked down his nose at me and sighed before picking me up to settle me on his hip.

"Look at you, you've ruined your dress and shoes, your hair is a mess, and you snuck off to play with very dangerous items." He continued talking as he walked towards the SUV, "First thing when we get home you need a bath and then we need to have a 'talk'".

I knew by 'talk' he meant some sort of punishment. I nodded sadly, already regretting my little adventure. All it got me was dirty and probably a very sore ass.

"I'm sorry Daddy." I said sucking on my thumb.

He pulled a pacifier from his pocket, this one without a strap and stuck it in my mouth.

"Don't you dare put your filthy hands in your mouth, that floor is a breeding ground of diseases." he huffed.

I smiled slightly behind the shield of the pacifier. I wasn't ready to give up and completely submit to this yet but I couldn't deny it was nice to be cared for, even if it was meant to embarrass me.