𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞

It was around 11 am when Vienna finally woke up. She located herself on the couch and sat there, like she was staring into the void.

Her mind was filled with reoccurring thoughts of the previous day. How much fun she had and how he made her feel. As much as she didn't want to admit it, she had grown somewhat strong feelings for him. Feeling like she had known him forever.

She was suddenly snapped out of her thoughts when she realized Wilbur was no longer there.

Maybe he's in the bathroom.

He wasn't. He was gone. His khaki coat no longer on the coat rack next to the door. She was upset. Kind of hurt.

Why would he leave so suddenly. Without saying anything?

That's when she got a phone call.

"Hello?"

"Vienna? It's Arabella"

"Oh, hi Arabella."

"Why do you sound so tired, or upset??

She hated lying to Arabella. She was upset. She thought her and Wilbur had shared a special day. Her next words weren't a complete lie tho...

"I just woke up."

"Uhh.. ok well i'm coming back tomorrow if you want to hang out?"

"I'll see if i'm free, if so we definitely should."

"Alright i got to go now, bye V."

"Bye."

Most days were spent inside her apartment but now she wanted to stay there more than ever. Constantly thinking about the night before. How amazing it has been.

God, what a day.

She got up from the couch and made her way to the kitchen. Opening the fridge and scanning the inside, she decided on just having a bagel for, well lunch.

After scrolling through Twitter and eating her bagel, she walked to her room. Plopping herself on the bed, she took out her phone and reached for her earphones. She flipped over to face the ceiling. Putting her earphones in, she started play I Wanna Be Yours by Arctic Monkeys.

Secrets I have held in my heart
Are harder to hide than I thought
Maybe I just wanna be yours
I wanna be yours, I wanna be yours
wanna be yours, wanna be yours, wanna be yours

Throughout the song all she could think of was the playground. The secrets they shared, some of which she'd never even told Arabella.

She spent the rest of the day watching netflix and catching up on homework. It was around 9:30 when she checked the time and got up to go to the kitchen. She opened the freezer door and pulled out a bag of dino nuggets.

She didn't feel like cooking today. After dinner, she walked to her room, turning on her dim lamp and taking out the brown leather-back book in the drawer of her nightstand. Uncapping her pen she wrote

Love

Was it you?
Were you the one?
Is this love?

This feeling of overwhelming emotions
indescribable aches in my stomach
from when i think of you
butterflies? right?

The pain when i realized you were gone
with nothing left behind
just the memories
of our night before

The night full of countless words
our childhoods
our secrets
and our love

Was it love?
or was it merely a sense of comfort
like you were what i've been searching for
what i've been wanting

Well, now you're gone
and i'm left with the mystery of where?
i hope to see you
and feel those aches again.

V.S.
(Vienna Sky)

She closed the book and places it back in its drawer. Turning off her lamp and turning over in her bed. Wrapped in her blankets she drifted off into sleep.

_____________________________________________________
authors note:
so sorry about being inactive with updates. i've been busy with schoolwork and feeling unmotivated and tired a lot. didn't plan on writing today but it's currently 3 am and i felt like writing again. i have a few ideas of where this is going to go so expect 2-3 more chapters soon :)
thank you to those of you reading <3