𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

I hopped off the train. My shoulders slumped and my head hanging low. Tiredness overcame me. I needed to sleep. I needed to get home. I needed to see her again. I needed to talk to someone. i need someone. i really need someone.

As if on cue, Charlie called me. I know i said i needed someone but Charlie was never my best option for these types of things.

"Wilbur?"

"Charlie"

"Hello. Sorry about ditching you. I'll be back in a few weeks. Maybe we could plan something then, yeah?"

"It's alright, sounds good."

"Alright, talk to you then."

"Bye Charlie"

"See ya"

He hung up and turned off his phone. His nose numb to the cold London air. He let out a breath, seeing it in front of him. He chuckled lightly and kept walking.

~ wilburs pov~

As soon as i got home, i walked to my room and threw myself onto the bed. In my own home, something felt like it was missing. It didn't take long before I was out cold, in a much needed sleep.

I woke up three hours later. I decided to stream after a weekend of being away. However, i obviously had to eat first. After about an hour, I was ready to head to the office. Grabbing my keys and making my way to the door.

As i walked down the streets to the office, i admired london. As awful as it was, it was home. I just hope that i could someday leave. Live a better life somewhere else.

I finally arrived at the office. Once i was inside, i turned on my monitor and got everything set up. Taking one last sip from my water bottle before pressing the go live button.

While i waited for the viewers to roll in and the streaming soon screen propped up, i decided to send niki a message. I pulled up discord and sent a quick wanna join my stream rn and went back to looking at chat. Saying my hellos and reading some of their messages. Niki had replied with a give me a few minutes to log on so i knew i'd have to stall a while.

I kept reading the chat, answering some questions or just reading out messages, thanking donos and subs. Niki sent me a message saying she was ready so i hopped onto Stardew Valley.

We played for a good two hours before mutually deciding to log off. I deafened and thanked chat, saying my goodbyes. When it was over, i undeafened and we started our after stream call.

I asked how her weekend had been and what she'd done. Listening, but zoning out after a while. Thinking about Vienna. It hadn't been a full 24 hours since i'd last saw her and i couldn't stop thinking about her.

When Niki started getting silent, i knew her story was almost over. I snapped out of my thoughts and gave my attention back to her story. When she was done, she asked how mine had been.

I was hesitant. Should i be honest? Should i tell her about Vienna? How she made me feel? How she trusted me so easily? How i thoight i could've been in love?

I've always trusted Niki. I wasn't gonna lie, but i wasn't gonna tell her everything either. After a second I started off. Telling her how we'd met. How she knew almost everything about me, except that i was a pretty popular streamer who played minecraft for a living.

My tone wasn't exactly happy, but it wasn't sad either. I guess she caught into that because when i finished my story, she only asked "do you regret it?"

——————————————————————————
a/n

Another update, pog. I finally got an idea of how i wanna do this story, so expect sorta short chapters to help lead up to that.
Also, thank you for 1k reads. that's literally crazy. thank you for everyone voting, reading, commenting, and adding the story to their reading lists.
i really appreciate it :)