𝐟𝗼𝐫𝐭𝐲

vienna noticed the sudden change in his expression. his eyes were low and his shoulders dropped. a slight frown curved at his lips, like he was trying to hide it. his eyebrows that had been furrowed moments ago were now loose.

she watched him walk out of her bedroom door and toward the front of the house in silence. a sigh escaping her lips as she recapped the words she'd spoken a few moments ago. her face faltered and her heart began throbbing.

for the first time in almost a week, she willing got out of bed. her legs moved as fast as they could to the front door. she swung it open and averted her gaze to wilbur, who stopped at the sound of the door opening.

vienna closed the few feet between them and pressed a kiss onto wilbur's lips. he was taken by surprised, but soon melted into the kiss. the one thing he's wanted since the day he met her was finally happening. it's like his whole world turned upside down, in a good way. they both pulled away not long after, vienna's head laying low.

wilbur's head tilted to the side and he broke the small silence, "you've given me a chance?"

vienna didn't look up at wilbur, instead avoiding eye contact. her voice was soft and laced with sadness. "what is love, if you're not willing to realize when it just isn't for you. i love you wil, but i just can't do love. not when i'm like this. not when i can't bring myself to get help, or to talk to anyone. i just, i can't. i'm sorry."

she turned around, walking back into her house and back into the bed she'd spent so many hopeless nights in. she couldn't bare to think about anything in that moment, but all she felt was sadness. grabbing her airpods and playing "cry" by cigarettes after sex, she let the tears fall and her body rest.

meanwhile, wilbur stood in the middle of the path. he felt his heart shatter for the second time that day. he slumped toward his car and entered lazily. a wave of anger entered him as he sat in the driver's seat. not angry at her, but at himself.

his hands turned into fists as he continuously hit the steering wheel. how could i have been so stupid? he turned on the car, plugging the aux into his phone and playing "if u wanna stay" by sweetcult as he drove home.

author's note
40 chapters later and boom! kiss.
you guys are gonna hate me but oh well :lip_bite:
hehe things are just getting started