𝐟𝗼𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝗼𝐧𝐞

arabella arrived the next day to a rather upsetting sight. not only was vienna crying in bed, but her room looked absolutely destroyed. the expression on arabella's face quickly turned to sympathy. she hated seeing vienna this way, and she was gonna find out what happened.

vienna woke up a few hours later with a jolt, the reoccurring nightmare taking over her sleep once again. she checked the time to see it was 3 am. everything seemed hopeless to her, especially since she knew she wouldn't be able to go back to sleep.

she got out of bed and looked for her airpods to put back in the case. once done, she made her way to the kitchen for some water. as soon as she turned the corner, her eyes landed on the glass that was half-full on the counter. it was the one wilbur had brought her a few hours ago.

her hands reached for the glass, faltering for a second before actually grabbing it. she put it in the sink and grabbed a new glass from the cabinet. she watched the tap fill her cup as her mind relived the events of earlier.

she placed the cup on her nightstand and sat on her bed, one leg bent toward her and the other hanging off. she ran her hands through her hair and tears were once again evident in her eyes.

how could she be so stupid? she let the one thing in her life that made her happy run away. why? because she was cruel, vile, nothing but malicious intent scoured her brain.

it wasn't her intention, not at all. it never was and it never would be. hurting wilbur was the last thing on her mind. she thought letting him go would allow her to heal, allow him to move on. it didn't, though.

she was angry with herself, with what she had done. she grabbed anything and everything in reach, lunging it across the room and towards the wall. she wasn't sure how long it had gone on, but when the sun started peering through her curtains, she was sitting on her bed crying.

"vienna? what happened here?" arabella tried to make her way to vienna's bed, but was blocked by a pile of random things. so, she just stood at the doorway instead.

"nothing, i'm fine." vienna's voice was raspy. she waved arabella off with a loose hand.

she got the message and retreated to her own bedroom. vienna wouldn't open up about it for a while, and she respected that. the best she could do was be there for her and give her some space.

after unpacking, arabella exited the house and went to her car. she was going out to get some food. once in the drive thru, she ordered for her and vienna. it was the least she could do, and it'd be rude not to get her anything.

arabella arrived home and dropped her bag of food on the counter, vienna's bag still clutched in her hand. she made her way to vienna's door to see her sitting in the same spot from earlier, except her room seemed cleaner now. it wasn't tho, vienna just pushed everything to one side.

arabella stood about a foot away from vienna's position. vienna looked up to see her holding the bag out. she looked back down, ignoring the food.

"you've gotta eat something, vee." arabella held the bag a little closer.

"i can't, okay? trust me." arabella couldn't read the emotion in vienna's voice. she looked pale and shaky, something arabella hated to see.

"all right, it'll be on the counter if you change your mind." she walked out, grabbing her own bag and heading towards her room. this was gonna be a lot harder than she thought.

author's note
thank you for 38k reads! :-)
still in the process of editing but wanted to get smth out!