𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

"Actually I'm from London"

"Oh my friend Arabella goes there quite often"

"Does she live there?"

"No but she goes practically every Friday and stays the weekend. What brings you to such a small town?"

"Well, I was supposed to be hanging out with a friend of mine but he had to fly somewhere else last minute, family issues"

"Dang that sucks, where are you staying"

"This nice little motel a few blocks from here"

She knew what motel he was talking about. She once stayed there when she couldn't bother going home. There's was nothing nice about that place, and she began feeling sorry for him.

~ wilbur's pov ~

In all honesty there was nothing nice about the motel. It was like it had been abandoned for years. He still wouldn't say anything to her. He felt embarrassed and ashamed, but it was the only place he could get in a short amount of time. After all, he would only be staying one night so what was the point in a nice hotel room?

It still broke him tho. He didn't want to lie to Vienna. A girl he just met, that had taken his breathe away from the moment he saw her. His thoughts were interrupted when she said

"Wilbur, you don't have to lie. I know what motel you're talking about."

His face grew red and he turned to face the books. Then, he felt a hand on his shoulder. He slowly turned to face her.

"It's okay, you don't have to be embarrassed. I won't judge."

A smile grew on his face. After a small silence, he nervously asked

"Would you maybe want to hang out today...?"

He could tell she was struck by surprise, thinking about what he just asked. It took her a while but then she said

"I'd love to."

They made their way out of the library and onto the cement steps.

_____________________________________________________
authors note:
short chapter but i started writing this in the car ride to my appointment. wanted to get a short wilbur pov too so here's that.