[19] Good grief

"Here

"Here."

He gave you a white mask instead of the black colored one, making you raised an eyebrow at his decision,

"I thought you told me to choose."

"Doesn't mean I'm giving it to you when I bought these with my own money."He stuck his tongue out and the grip you had on the mask slightly tightened due to the sudden urge to slap him.

"Anyway, could we really can wear this?"

"Loosen up a bit. There is someone in Zeus wearing something that sorts like a rock mask so I don't think this would be illegal."He shrugged, wearing the black mask you chose earlier that hide his whole feature. You stared at him motionlessly, thinking that it wouldn't hurt to slap him now but it sure does hurt your palm instead of his face.

The mask in your grasp was suddenly taken by someone and as you turned to face them, Nosaka placed it over your visage and tie the knot behind your head but the two of you remained facing each other with only a few centimeters gap.

"It suits you perfectly."

"Well, well. Thank you for the honesty, your majesty that I, should hide my face often."

The way he only smiled without replying had you gripping his hands in irritation that can't be shown. A loud voice from the emcee boomed throughout the arena,

"Players for the nationals continue to enter the stadium!"

"It's our turn now."Twisting his hands so he could hold yours properly, he gave you a light squeeze would probably wash away your anxiety and nervousness on the upcoming match.

Not that you feel any though.

"Let's go."

As being instructed by the captain of glorious Outei Tsukinomiya, you took your position next to Miura and right behind Nosaka, walking out from the tunnel and was greeted by a bright light from the sun and a translucent blue colored sky across the horizon.

"Oh? Outei Tsukinomiya Jr. High is making their appearance. This team has conquered all of their prelim matches with a perfect score so far. They have zero conceded goals. No one has managed to score against them. They are also seen as the tournament favorite along with Seishou Gakuen."

You glanced over towards the huge screen that shows the interviews that were taken before your entrance.

┏━━━━°⌜ ι n т e r v ι e w ⌟°━━━━┓

"This is Outei Tsukinomiya's first time in the tournament but you have made quite a rapid progress."She smiled and gestured the mic close to the male who had his seat next to yours in the middle between the two of you and the female interviewer.

"We are merely using the power that we naturally possess. We haven't done anything special."With his humble tone, it would surely bring a pleasant smile on the wicked guy's lips.

With your captain starts mentioning about the Ares System according to the given script that was perfectly memorized by him, your mind wandered somewhere else for a moment till it was brought back to the present when she brought her mic much closer to your way,

"And as we were informed, you are indeed the famous [L/N] [Y/N]."

"Yes, but please don't call me that when I'm not that famous."Chuckling dryly at her comment as she joined along with a hearty laugh. The way she forced those out did cause you to cringe but it couldn't be hidden when she uttered the next question,

"May I ask, why you're hiding your face behind that mask? And not to mention, your twin, [L/N] Miura too?"

"No, you can't."

". . . pardon?" Puzzled with your given answer and you noticed it, you turned your head to look at her straight. The male who is sitting between the two had his palm to hide his lower feature along with his smile, restraining himself from bursting out laughing right there and then at how blunt and amusing you can be.

"What? You asked me whether you can ask or not, am I right? That clearly has nothing to do with this interview so I preferably don't want to answer it."

You paused and suck a light breath through your teeth, tilting your head slightly to the side,

"But you seem interested in this matter so let me told you this."

Shockingly to the audience, Nosaka burst out laughing which he quickly covered by coughing onto his palm to prevent himself from being rude than he should be after hearing your famous line when someone asked you that kind of question. He could even hear you smirking behind the mask,

"Air pollution is getting much worse lately. We're just being cautious."

┗━━━━°⌜ ι n т e r v ι e w ⌟°━━━━┛

"Dang, that's harsh. She looks like she was about to cry."

Miura whistles, giving you a mocking side-glance when you only jab his side with your elbow. This left him groaning in agony while holding his side,

"Oh, shut up, you punk."You seethed, the two of you would start bickering if it wasn't for the figure of your captain,  Nosaka, walking up to the platform. With his palm was placed on his chest; with all of you copied his action— as he pledges,

"We do solemnly swear to subscribe to the true spirit of sportsmanship and fight fair and square."

As he ended his sentence, everyone erupted into loud applause that coming from the crowd and soccer players.

Clapping your hands along with the others, the sly yet proud grin on your face mask itself visible once again and point at the reddish-pink haired male,

"I raised that boy."

Miura whipped his head around to look at you in shock,

"Are you his mom or what?"

Laughing at his remark, the grin on your face soon faded and you silently exhaled a sigh, both hands were dropped to your side,

"Good grief. If you staring at me any longer . . ."You started, and turned your head around, facing them face-to-face with them didn't show budge from their spot.

The [ color ] haired maiden gave an unamused look to the young teen,

"You can even make a hole behind my head, Yuuto."

━━━━━━━━━━━━

And this is the black mask that Miura didn't give to you lmao—