[14] Yakisoba

Nosaka stared at the two of you as soon as you arrived at the empty seats in the arena with his usual dull empty grey eyes without showing any hint of emotion on his handsome feature before laughing monotonously and pointing at the two of you,

"I like your new style."

"Can't you be more sincere?"

"Don't bother to be mad. When is this guy ever be sincere?"You sighed, taking off the round-shaped spectacles from your face and folded it gently before clipping it with the magnetic eyeglasses holder on your shirt, the same goes with Miura with his browline glasses.

"I don't know you two are wearing glasses."

"We aren't, these are fakes. We did eye exercise regularly so yeah."Miura explained with a shrug and pulling down his black face mask to rest under his chin and you did the same gesture. Nosaka stared at the two of you with a slight on despite his blank face masking his emotion.

"Why the two of you wearing a mask?"

"Air pollution is getting much worse lately. We don't want to have asthma."You reasoned and take an obvious empty seat next to him while Miura on your other side.

"Or tuberculosis."The son of [L/N] added and take the paper package of Yakisoba food from Nishikage after giving him his gratitude.

"Or a stroke."

"Or—"

"I get it."Nosaka cut him before he could continue with a sigh and the three of you opened the famous Raimon stadium's speciality, the Prickly Moja-yakisoba and Thunder-ifying Sandwich set. That's what the label on the box and the well-known Captain of Outei Tsukinomiya told you.

But . . .

"What are those prickly things in it?"

In the end, Nishikage is the one who voiced out the question that the three of you have a catch-22 situation with, a little bit hesitating to eat the food that he bought. Sadly for Nishikage as he got the extra one.

"No idea."He apathetically answered the question with a smile and you swallowed down the lump in your throat.

"By the way, why did you cut your hair?"He interrogated, watching you segregating those weird-looking pricklies from your Yakisoba with your chopsticks and put them on the lid.

"Have a long hair is such a pain in the ass. And it's much lighter now and easy to take care of. I could use my shampoo for months!"You grinned, twirling the noodles with your chopsticks before taking a bite,

"Not gonna eat?"You asked once you swallowed down the food down to your throat after quietly chewing it with your mouth closed when the corner of your eyes caught him staring at you.

". . ."

Wordlessly, he suddenly pulled your cap down that managed to hide your eyes, taking you by surprise when you were about to take another bite of the sandwich.

"What the— Are you out of your goddamn mind?!"You hissed, fixating your glare on the calm-looking male who silently take a bite of his yakisoba and paid his whole attention to the current match.

Before you know it, your glare softened and rather stared at his side face with a look that no one could describe.

You always envied this side of his to the point you admired him. How he gallantly wanting to change the world with his own hands. You'd love to have some.

How about you? You could say you're lily-livered but no one could tell that except for someone who does have a really keen eye on you. You doubt there's someone like that around you.

"Finally fell in love with my looks?"

You were brought back to reality after noticing he is giving you a side-glance with almost noticeable smirk edged up the corner of his lips. Now that you finally realized, you don't know your and his face were this close.

Rather than acting embarrassment with yourself, your cracked a light chuckle and pulled your face away; though he was the one who inched closer when you were still in your deep thought– and averted your gaze back to your now empty food package that resulted from Miura keep stealing your food without you looking. Not that you mind when you already lost your appetite.

"You really does have a high expectation on your face. It's funny because your face could compare with a horror movie."

"According to my memory, you like horror movie."

"Shush, I don't like horror movie. It was just that when you see the scene, you must see till the end of how the dumb mc survive."You plastered an egotistical smirk on your lips of the true fact but quickly putting on a faint smile to replaced it, switching your gaze back at the match and silently observing the movements of your former teammates,

"Sorry if I offend your feeling but I'm one of the rare people that like you by your attitude towards me."

What you have said was coming deep at the bottom of your heart. Indeed you like him but with the amounts of hearts that he subconsciously stole from numerous girls, it would be another annoying innoxious torture you must endure.

So nah.

━━━━━━━━━━━━

Pardon for late update.

I stuck myself reading lots of manhwa lately (. ❛ ᴗ ❛.)