15 ° Tonight's Turmoil.

❝(A DESTINY DECISION) AND IT'S TIED EVER SELFISHLY!❞

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

MATERIALIZING NEAR HER WAS A YŌKAI, A PART OF NO.7; with its button-like eyes, an amphibious yōkai demon emerged.

It took the appearance of a green turtle-like entity, with webbed limbs and a carapace resembling a turtle's. A small dish filled with water lies on the top of its head, small ripples forming with its every movement. Over it was a metal cap, protecting the water-filled container.

Just like a precocious child, it examined the terrain before its eyes landed on [Name]. Instinctively—like a child longing for affection from someone they know—it shuffled to her side.

Kappas were yōkai commonly found dwelling in water...

...However, it moved at a slower pace compared to its speed in the water on land.

Oh no.

Out of all the yōkai she could summon here, why the one that isn't fast on land?! Why couldn't her lucky charms actually give her luck and help her out right now?

Clumsily, right before it made its way to her side, the yōkai tripped. Rolling to [Name]'s legs, Tomerry gave a hearty and pitiful laugh her way.

"Oh? So you can't control your soul?" She giggled, a hand to cover her smile. "Straight off the iron and too hot to handle! Honestly, you might as well scramble."

[Name] took a couple of steps back, growing the distance between her and Dollhouse in increments. When she first saw Tomerry—she didn't expect a Stand user that spoke in rhymes. She also didn't expect Tomerry to galvanize her into a Stand battle. Wait, no, she just did not expect to encounter a Stand user so suddenly. Guess that cat-like teenager is influential, huh?

Jeopardizing her safety was one of the main points of why she didn't want to engage in combat in the first place—well, neither of them has thrown a punch yet, but who knows. If Tomerry wants her to scramble, then scramble is what she'll do!

It was her first plan, anyway.

"...Alright," she bluntly replied with a terse statement, "I'll go then."

"Nyaaa? Nwaa, for someone who can't take a joke, you're 100% going broke!"

"I'm not a damsel in distress, so there's no need for me to put myself in danger." [Name] responded, turning her trajectory in the other direction and picking up the kappa. There was no other choice—either she runs away, or she fights back with unfortunate circumstances.

What was Tomerry going to do about her rebellious nature? Fustigate her into submission? Castigate until she's crying on her knees?

She should just not involve herself and escape as fast as possible. Or at least find some advantageous option to boost herself.