05 ° Festival Fireworks.

❝(THE VICTOR UNDECIDED) AND I'M DRAWN TO THE MYSTERY!❞

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"ARE YOU READY, [NAME]?" The voice of her mother called out to her—her silvery voice resembling jingling bells.

[Name] nodded, attempting to roll up the sleeves of her [color] yukata. The light-weight and loose material brushed against her skin, with intricate and bright flowers designed onto the fabric. She didn't garb herself in the most expensive traditional summer robe, but her outfit wasn't cheap either.

"You look adorable, [Name]." Her mother complimented, her zori sandals clacking against the floor. Her mother's youthful yet worn-out appearance stood out to her, the yukata fitting her demeanor perfectly. "I know that it's unfortunate that we couldn't attend earlier in the day since you had classes, but I hope you enjoy the evening events too."

"It's fine."

Besides, her day wasn't too eventful either way.

The memory that stood out to her the most was the familiar aroma of bread from the bakery. The small bell attached to the door rang, signaling her arrival at the pastry shop. There was a friendly ambiance lingering in the air, metaphorically twirling around her arms. St. Gentleman's was a classy bakery located in Morioh—after all, it was called St. Gentleman's for a reason. It was popular with residents of Morioh and well-known for its fried katsu sandwiches. Due to its high popularity, the sandwiches sell out within two hours.

It wasn't as if she had complaints against their fried katsu sandwiches. After all, they were stellar—only second place to curry bread. Crispy and juicy pork cutlets sandwiched between soft, pillowy milk bread made an Ambrosian meal. If she wanted to be dramatic, it was a dish that suits the Gods who garbed themselves in luxurious attire. It accepted only the finest ingredients—prime katsu, exquisite vegetables, and freshly-baked bread—prepared daily an hour before noon. The real question she had was how they managed to make it perfectly every time. Just where did St. Gentleman's find their employees?

Aside from their fried katsu sandwiches, the bakery offered other loaves of bread and savory sweets. There were pre-sliced loaves of white bread wrapped in plastic, the crisp crust of baguettes located on the top shelves, and even a dozen glazed donuts at the bottom lined up against one another. Unlike creamy cakes, which had a short shelf life, bread gave consumers an affordable and tasty alternative that could last for days—and even longer if frozen—which boosted its appeal.

They had bread on the deck, bread on the floor, toasted, roasted

"Do you have your furoshiki handbag?" Her mother asked, gesturing for her to come outside along with her. "We wouldn't want your father teasing you for forgetting it like last time, would we?"

[Name]'s face turned red, averting her eyes and showing her parent the bag in her hand. Jeez, she was the one saying that her father would tease her, yet here she was?