20 ° Goodbye, Morioh.

❝I FORGOT THE LYRICS, BUT WE'RE GONNA KEEP GOING!❞

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"BUT I DIDN'T WANT YOU CHASING ME IN THE FIRST PLACE!" Beside his body, Josuke broke the vase of flowers into prolific shards. Then, summoning Crazy Diamond, he made sure some of his blood smeared on one, sending it out to Kira.

Leaping in front of Josuke, Kuchisake-onna tackled him out of the way of an explosion. She landed on the ground and dropped him like a sack of potatoes, turning her head to [Name]. It seemed that the teenager avoided lethal injuries but received a lot of wounds from the aftermath of the explosion.

Kuchisake-onna didn't escape unscathed either, as a couple of burn marks littered her arms.

"Ah, we have to get away from here, don't we?" Kuchisake-onna sighed, prepared to drag Josuke out the other door along with the children. "Jeez—! I can't even feel these burns, haha..."

Josuke groggily blinked his eyes, trying to wipe away any of the blood on his face. His fingers touched the once sticky substance, now hardened on his skin.

"You're pulling me the wrong way... Not that way, it's the opposite direction! I'm going to kill him, so let me go. We need to go where Yoshikage Kira is! My Crazy Diamond can't fix my wounds—but once my blood has left my body and hardened, it's just another object. It's no longer part of me."

Crazy Diamond held shards of the vase in its hand, a notable amount of blood sticking to them. Hayato's mouth was agape, surprised to see them floating.

"Therefore," Josuke continued, sitting upright, "I can gather and stick it onto other things. So, I stuck some inside a shard of glass. The rain stopped, and the bloodstain on his jacket earlier should have hardened by now!"

"So, what you're saying is..."

"That's right," he nodded, "That's my automatic tracking bomb, reserved only for Yoshikage Kira."

"It was a direct hit!" Hayato declared, looking out the window, "But, he has a phone in his hand. Is that how he knows where we are? Is he communicating with someone in the house?"

Glancing at his pocket and then to Josuke's, Kuchisake-onna tilted her head to the side. "Say... kid."

"Are you searching for the lighter in my pocket?" Josuke asked, his mind thinking on the same wavelength as hers.

Reaching into his pocket and avoiding the injuries on his side, he fished out the lighter, eyes glued to Hayato. "Hayato, could you come here for a second?"

"R—Right." Complying quickly, Hayato scurried to Josuke's side. The teenager turned on the lighter, directing the flickering flame to the corner of Hayato's jacket.