06 ° Animal Crackers.

❝IT'S LURKING IN THE SHADOWS, SOMEWHERE WITHIN THIS TOWN!❞

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"EXCUSE ME!" Koichi apologized as the door opened before him. "Is this the [Surname] residence, where [Name] [Surname] lives?"

[Name]'s father raised an eyebrow at the teenager's question. "Yes, this is the [Surname] residence. Do you need my daughter for something? Are you one of her friends?"

"Yes, I'm Koichi Hirose, um, one of her acquaintances." Koichi gave the older man a polite bow, nodding at his questions. "[Name] is needed for— uh, a group meeting! She's a part of a community group at her school, and there's an urgent meeting that needs her. She's one of the representatives for the Elementary division, and I'm one of the representatives for the high school division."

"Jeez," her father sighed, closing his eyes, "We just got back from an interjected festival day, and she has to leave again? Just what did [Name] get herself involved in... she never tells us anything about her social life, huh? Now she's a part of a school community group?"

"Y—Yeah, she is! Do you know where she is right now? If so, can you get her? We might be late if we stall any longer." Koichi gulped dryly, a feeling of guilt swelling in his chest. Did he interrupt something? If he did—gosh, he feels horrid. Not only that, but he made up a lie on the spot just to get the young Stand user.

[Name], who overheard Koichi's familiar voice, responded with a muffled call from inside the house. "Is that Koichi?"

"Indeed, it is." Her father responded, gesturing for her to come downstairs. The man left the front door ajar as he went to get his daughter.

Opening the door, [Name] tilted her head to the side, [color] eyes meeting his. "Is there something you need, Koichi?"

As he looked left and right for eavesdroppers, he whispered to her in a low voice. "We're gathering all the Stand users for an important meeting. I need you to come with me."

A frown plastered on her lips. "Alright then," she said as she turned around and cupped her mouth. "I'll be leaving with Koichi, Mom, Dad!" Quickly, she slipped out of her house slippers and into her sneakers. The Koinobori charms attached to her bracelets gently clacked against the tatami floors.

"Stay safe, [Name]! You too, Koichi."

"We will, Mr. [Surname]!"

The two matched footsteps as they hurried toward the Owson grocery store. The bold and brilliant rich colors of the sky blended as the sun began to set; the glowing star—a crisp light in the warm hues—illuminated a quivering path in her sight. The fugacious colors of dusk began to fade.

"Koichi," she began, eyes glued to the floor. "What happened?"

Koichi frowned, "Are you sure you want to know it now? We can talk about it once we arrive, you know."