THIRTY-SIX

THIRTY-SIX:
THE DAD VOICE

[i promised I would dedicate this to my Australian readers and the birthday girl!!]

When Five suggested for the umbrella academy to come back together, he forgot one big factor.

Luther, Vanya, and Diego had no idea that Alex was alive. Again.

So if he thought that the family gathering was gonna be chaos, he now thought it was gonna be chaos times two.

He left after telling the idiot duo — not to be mistaken with the dumb duo; Alex and Klaus — to get Vanya without squeezing her to death.

(*¯︶¯*)

Vanya was half-asleep and honestly, Diego could not blame her.

Luther was staring into nothingness and thinking along the lines of 'to be or not to be' while Diego was sharpening his knives and completely blocking out Elliott who was talking about a very boring thing — Jell-O.

"If we have some will you shut up," Diego asked with no emotion in his voice. The jello talk had drained him of all emotions.

Elliott should become a dementor if he ever visited the magical community.

"Maybe," Elliott said before pouring some Jell-O.

Luther snapped out of his daze and looked at Vanya, "How you feeling?"

"Pretty shitty to be honest."

"Where would you say you are on a scale from one to ending all life on this planet?"

"Really?"

"Diego put the knife away you idiot, she's fine." Luther leaned forward, to try to whisper or just cause, I have no idea.

Diego was playing with his knife, throwing it up and catching it, "the last time I saw this one, she had me suspended midair, sucking the life out of me with energy tentacles. I think I'm allowed a little time to process."

"Oh, I would love to see an energy tentacle." Elliott pitched in.

"I don't remember what I did but I'm sorry, if - if that means anything."

Diego looked at Vanya and stopped the knife show, "it does, just going through a lot right now. there's this girl that I like, I thought she liked me but turns it that she's-"

He was interrupted by the sound of the door opening and Allison laughing.

Luther had a smile on his face, "thank god."