TWENTY-ONE

CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE:
THE BANANA

CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE: THE BANANA

▪️YEARS AGO▪️

It was one of those normal days for the members of the umbrella academy. Their adopted father, Sir Reginald Hargreeves had given them an easy mission that went smoothly and without much damage. They had gone in, killed the bad guys and got out. Their typical mission.

After they cleaned the mess, (meaning them. Honestly how they get the red out of the white parts of their suits should be their superpower) And were on their way back to the Umbrella Academy Mansion.

As they neared, they could hear the crowd that had gathered at the front of their hose cheering for them and holding up banners. Kids shouting and jumping up and down.

when they pulled up, Sir Reginald Hargreeves opened his door and got out of the car and soon, the Umbrella Academy kids followed.

The crowd went even crazier as the kids one by one got out and followed their adopted father to the gates of their house.

When they all got out, a kid who was dressed in his own makeshift TUA suit jumped over the barricades and grabbed Allion's hand.

"Excuse me," Allison turned around to see who had grabbed her, "I'm your biggest fan-"

The boy was cut off as Luther came forward and separated the boy from his sister.

"Hey hey," Luther said as the boy let go of Allison who stepped away from the kid, "You're not supposed to be here."

"Get back behind the barricade!" Reginald shouted at the boy.

"It's just," the boy said softly, "I was born on the same day as the academy kids. I think I'm like them. I must be."

The crowd had gone silent, wanting to hear what was happening.

The boy was now grinning, "I haven't quite figured out what my power is, yet. But maybe you can help me fun out."

Reginald lowered himself so he was looking at the boy's eye, "You have no power, You never will have power."

The boy wasn't smiling now. Reginald continued, not caring about hurting some kid's feelings, "Now go home." He said as he pointed at some random direction with his cane.

"No, Please. Just I- You have to let me stay. I came all this way. Please don't make me go back."

Reginald straightened himself, towering over the young kid and put his hand on his shoulder, "A little word of advice, my boy. Not everyone in this world can be powerful. Chasing something unattainable is a recipe for a lifetime of disappointment and resentment."

There was a moment of silence when Reginald grabbed the boy's makeshift TUA suit and forcefully walked him to the street, "So get off my property"

The crowd began to laugh as the boy's back was met with the car that the TUA kids had got out from earlier, and stared as the crowd pointed at him and laughed. Kids, women, men, and elders all were laughing at him.