THIRTY-ONE

CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE:
THE SECOND APOCALYPSE

CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE:THE SECOND APOCALYPSE

Time was weird.

Time-traveling was weirder.

Alex could now bet thousands on something and be right.

Like last year, he had a bet with the whole room 4 kids about Sean Connery. He won, it was easy when you knew James Bond was gonna be a successful movie.

(They all went to watch it and had a bet about who could predict the movie before going in, Alex won again. "Super secret island, weird car dragon, blind henchmen not seeing someone wearing red in a jungle")

Or betting on the next fashion trend or what color was Bethany going to wear tomorrow.

(It was always pink.)

It was exciting and boring.

Like yeah sure seeing history! Whoo! Super cool!

But on the other hand, these are like so old news, Alex wanted to know what was going to happen on the next episode of Keeping Up With the Kardashians (or maybe kardasims) or Jake Paul's next mess up or NASA's new stuff.

Watching a game or reading the news was boring.

Super boring.

So Alex liked to go to different places. Hair salons, bars, casinos, hair salons, home, hair salons.

Met lots of weird and normal people.

Historically important people and normal important people—cause everyone is important, don't forget that.

So it's not weird if he gets calls from important people for dresses or just going out for a drink.

One person he didn't anticipate meeting was Jack Ruby.

And it wasn't even something dramatic, he just bumped into the man making him spill his coffee on his suit— cliche, yes— and when Jack got mad Alex promised him a suit, and when he went to personally hand the suit he found out he's actually Jack Ruby.

Ever since Jack became one of his regulars.

(ᴛʜᴀᴛ sᴏᴜɴᴅs ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴀʟᴇx ɪs ᴘʀᴏsᴛɪᴛᴜᴇ)

So it was a bit sural for Alex but he shrugged and said "why not?"

When in 1960 he heard of a 'prophet' he joked with Elizabeth about apocalypses waiting around the corner so now they have to follow the prophet dude.

The salon got a new worker in 61, a woman who had trouble speaking. Alex sent her a beautiful blue dress to welcome her to the family. He heard from Odessa that she absolutely loved it and he made it a point to send more to her. (He sent dresses to the others as well, of course, but Al reminded him of his sister. No one called him out for his favoritism. They instead laughed at him.)